Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else having problems with side scoops? Both sides inserts have came loose. Dealer is going to replace but is going to require going into the body shop for two days. They have also rcvd. to new headlight lenses to replace..... and oh yeah does everyone else have a cigarette lighter or some device to fill the hole in the console... I don't, the salesman said I didn't have the smokers package. I aint buyin it. #2026 dhg

·
Registered
394 Posts
the only thing I have in my lighter socket is a little plastic dealy that says 12V on it. It is tacky! I'm hoping George at MGW to makes a Bullitt lighter. If so I'll get one of those.

I think everyone is having the headlight issues! I can't believe that they can't get this thing figured out!

Eric

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am getting my side scoops replaced as well. They are currently on order.

And my headlights are foggy as hell too. I guess that's the next thing.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Don't need cig lighter, have cobra radar detector plugged in there.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Smoker's package is not available from the plant. It is only available on Export units and Cobra's. Any Bullitt that has it would be dealer installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if side panels are held on by push pins or double faced tape? mine has a loose passenger side one and pushing it back on only lasts a little while, do not want take to dealer and leave for just double faced tape I can do myself but afraid to pull on if push pins. mike #790

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Steeda, i assumed he meant the closed-off scoop panels! wouldn't be surprised though if 1 or 2 got out with the GT's fake scoops!
since we've already seen GT rocker panels and GT C-pillars on Bullitts!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
they are held on with "tabs" pushed thru the meatl body

·
Registered
168 Posts
Same here,
side scoops comming loose, paint fallout, paint damage, headlight lenses spotted inside, on my second driver side it too was spotted right out of the box! Ticking noise, backfire on hard acceleration shifts, hard starts when hot, these two problems are better now with using 92 prm unld. Passenger door trim "window" on top has a big bulge in it, it leaks small amount of water, paint chipping off red brake calipers, yeah my 12v cig lighter plug looks chzy too rattles quite a bit. Does anyone have a rattle from inside the dash center? I looked under the hood and think it might be the cable running against the back upper lip passengers side, it has one of those waffle snap in plugs on it but it's not plugged into anything. After thought on the roughting GT VS Bullitt intake different. uuuh I'm getting numb... Anyone notice that your rims are various levels of clear coat? i.e. 2 of mine are almost a flat clear finish, one is super shiny and looks good like 2 coats of clear while the other 3 look flat.
Yea I'm anal about this stuff! Love the car. I could go on about the nightmares I've had with my old 99 Lightning, 96 Mystic Cobra, 94 GT..... "Slightly Obsessed Ford Guy" :smile:\
Where's my GT40?

·
Registered
229 Posts
svtoa, what number bullitt do you have? I'm just hoping they ironed out some of those probs by the time they got to 4718 (the one right before mine)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts