Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of side louvers that replicate the '68 GT for '08 Bullitts?

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zarcero said:
Thanks for the site, but these won't do. Original '68 had 11 narrow slats, these have 8 fatter ones. I wonder if original '68 NOS louvers would fit? On second thought, that's a bad idea. Too much PERMANENT modification. Oh well... guess I'm back to square one. Thanks again.

·
Registered
800 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Thanks for the site, but these won't do. Original '68 had 11 narrow slats, these have 8 fatter ones. I wonder if original '68 NOS louvers would fit? On second thought, that's a bad idea. Too much PERMANENT modification. Oh well... guess I'm back to square one. Thanks again.

These have 9 slats. There is another set with 5 slats, which are really fat. I think that is all that is available right now on the market. The 9 slat version looks more retro, IMO, than the 5 slat. Nice thing about this version is that it does not require a permanent mod to stock.

I'm still toying with the idea myself, as checking the blind spot is difficult enough.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Zarcero said:
These have 9 slats. There is another set with 5 slats, which are really fat. I think that is all that is available right now on the market. The 9 slat version looks more retro, IMO, than the 5 slat. Nice thing about this version is that it does not require a permanent mod to stock.

I'm still toying with the idea myself, as checking the blind spot is difficult enough.
I, too, am toying with the 9 slat version you linked to above, I've seen the 5 slat in person, and it looks very nice. We'll see...........

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
The Unhomed said:
I, too, am toying with the 9 slat version you linked to above, I've seen the 5 slat in person, and it looks very nice. We'll see...........
The five does indeed look good. I think the version I saw is a flush version that requires removal of the stock window. Dunno for sure.

·
Registered
171 Posts

Attachments

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
don't worry about it... go for it!

As the former owner of one of the 1st "fastback" Mustangs in the fall of '65, I can tell you that the "blind spot" is something you quickly get used to. All it requires is very careful checking of the right outside mirror. Back in the day, my '65 didn't even HAVE a right mirror, and I still managed to live to tell about it. :lol:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew some smarty would point out my mistake of not counting the slats right and saying there were only 8, instead of 9. Sheesh.

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
Silverhorse racing have the best ones out there.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
As the former owner of one of the 1st "fastback" Mustangs in the fall of '65, I can tell you that the "blind spot" is something you quickly get used to. All it requires is very careful checking of the right outside mirror. Back in the day, my '65 didn't even HAVE a right mirror, and I still managed to live to tell about it. :lol:
I thought the first Mustang Fastbacks were advertised as 'Scatback' and came out in the Fall of '64 about October ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
RCSignals said:
I thought the first Mustang Fastbacks were advertised as 'Scatback' and came out in the Fall of '64 about October ?
I don't remember reading of that, but my '67 FB was known as a "2+2" and the first "2+2's" came out, as you said, in the fall of '64 as a '65 model.

·
Registered
800 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
I knew some smarty would point out my mistake of not counting the slats right and saying there were only 8, instead of 9. Sheesh.
Well sheesh yourself. Smarty one here, and you never know there might be an 8 slat version out there somewhere :wink:

·
Registered
800 Posts
The Unhomed said:
So looks like the 5-slat version comes in flush mounted and non-flush mounted :question: More choices. What to do, what to do???

·
Registered
417 Posts
The SLP louvers are the closest I've seen today. While its true that its just not quote the same, I still think it looks pretty darn good! :smile:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RCSignals said:
Well, you thought wrong. They were called 2 + 2 Fastbacks, and they were introduced in the fall of 1965. I bought a Rangoon Red (white interior) one from Williams Ford in Montgomery, Ohio then, right off the showroom floor. Scatback? Surely you jest.

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Zarcero said:
Well sheesh yourself. Smarty one here, and you never know there might be an 8 slat version out there somewhere :wink:
Eight, nine, what does it matter? The bottom line is to follow true to the '68 GT as much as humanly possible, since the car is purportedly a tribute to McQueen's movie ride. Right?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts