Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many creative signitures that it would be neat to have a list, like our registry, where we could just take a look at everyones' cool signature.

I'm thinking it's a lot of work for somebody to do that but hey it is winter time!! If it were warmer it wouldn't stand a chance because everyone would be out cruising!!! :wink:

Black Bullitt #3185

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-03 11:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
While we're on the subject--
I posted a suggestion several weeks ago that the sig files not be too big.

Some have kept theirs to about 30k, which is about as big as they should be but some (including yours) are getting up to 100k!

Even if you have a t1 line, if several people post 100k images on one thread, that'll slow up the load time of the page.

So, please show some consideration and keep these things small.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-03 17:40, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Looks the same size to me....
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

They -are- the same. It just takes one 3 times as long to download.

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-03 17:40, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Looks the same size to me.... :???: (But size does matter, right)? :lol:

Where's my 10 foot pole...

Well, on the screen it looks the same...
But the storage size is a lot smaller.
I've noticed by re-saving some files to jpg they us less memory than originally!

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I generally try to save my picture files as jpg for the simple reason they use significantly less space.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
On 2002-01-04 19:44, SteveBullitt wrote:
I generally try to save my picture files as jpg for the simple reason they use significantly less space.

JPG and GIF compress differently. Photos usually look good as a JPG and line art with less than 256 colors compress well as a GIF.

In any case, your file is about 7k. Pretty good.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Teresa got a new digital camera for Christmas, 5 megapixils!!! I can take a picture in TIFF mode that takes up about 15meg of memory!!! Anyway I am just geting used to resizing and saving files at lower quality levels to decrease the size.

Sorry for the huge file size on the earlier sigs, I think I can keep it down now. There are a lot of really neat sigs though and Area 51 has alot of them to look at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts