Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Well, I hope I'll be welcome in here from time to time, but yes, 3143 is gone. Those of you who know me have had to listen to me complain about the clutch and transmission in daily bumper to bumper traffic for a long time. I traded him today. If anyone's interested, it's on the lot at Winter Haven Ford.

I bought a 2003 GT automatic with 30,000 miles on it. It's grey and in beautiful condition.

Here's the best part, they let me keep my black Bullitt wheels! They look great on it! I also kept the Bullitt grill (Thanks, Dragon) and put that in as well. I also got a 3/36 warranty and hope to have it for a long time. I'm thinking I'll be at the MFMC show next weekend.

I loved the theme of the Bullitt, the looks, the history, I just couldn't take driving it any more. I've been thinking of this for a while, I was just waiting for a great deal.

If the new owner of 3143 shows up here, let me know. I'll give him the 3rd hologram sticker.

Take care. Hope to chat with you soon.

Kevin and Trish

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Sorry to hear that you let the bullitt go, just remember once a bullitthead always a bullitthead. I can relate to the clutch issues in rush hour traffic. Best of luck with the GT and its great that you got to keep the black wheels. You must post pics of the new car with them on it. Keep in touch.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll do that.

I also wanted to add that because of that car I've met the best bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure to be associated with.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear you sold and sorry we did not get to meet at that Daytona Stangfest.

I understand your frustrations,
I love my Bullitt but I am glad it is not my only car and my daily ride especially over here!

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got rid of your Bullitt, but I know that you had some issues with the 3650. Are you sure you didn't sell it so that you can hide easier from me at the local shows/cruises though? :wink:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never! Always looked forward to seeing you there!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post some pictures after I get the chin spoiler on. It's about the only thing I have to do to it.

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Wow, surprised, but I certainly understand. I wouldn't want mine to be my only mode of transportation either. Can't wait to see the pics and I want to see that grille you fixed up too!!!!!! Glad you are sticking around!!!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Dragon,
It's just the real Bullitt grille you gave me at Silver Springs. I put a regular grille in the Bullitt before I traded it and kept the one you gave me.

KO

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Oh, OK, I thought you had finished the "melding" of two you were talking about. Kewl, then a piece of a Bullitt (mine, 4923) is on the new car, so, it has something to keep the Bullitt thing going!!!!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, couldn't make the grille melding thing work. The honeycombs aren't uniform, so the further I went, the more off they were. It would have been cool though. Besides, I wouldn't have destroyed a real Bullitt grille. The Bullitt grille does look really nice against the grey.

I also kept my Bullitt wheels and a few other odds and ends from the Bullitt that I liked.

The wheels they swapped onto my Bullitt are the same as the ones you have on your Bullitt.

Again, Bullitt 3143 is for sale at Winter Haven Ford. I have contact information if anyone is interested.

KO

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes one less Forida BULLITT HEAD, cause most people don't do the belong to a club thing. :(

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aaron, I hope to still run into you at the shows. Are you going to the MFMC show this weekend? It's in Winter Park.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
KevTrish said:
Aaron, I hope to still run into you at the shows. Are you going to the MFMC show this weekend? It's in Winter Park.
No, i have so much going on with my father and I's business moving to another location and things I'm trying to get done around the house that I havn't had much time for anything. Glad to see you stuck with a mustang or even a ford for that matter. I know how you feel, I'm starting to not like driving 1633 everyday, it gets tiring. Trading it in has crossed my mind but that quickly vanishes because i know i would regret it.

I will be at the NPD show though. you should try and make it up there in january.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've already sent in my registration for NPD at Silver Springs.

I'm still planning to make the shows as they come around.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, I've had this GT for a couple of days now and I've made a few observations.

First, it has certainly made my ride to and from work so much more pleasant. It is a real pleasure to drive. By keeping my wheels and a few Bullitt trinkets, I couldn't have ordered a car and got any closer to what I wanted. The only thing I want to add is the chin spoiler.

Second, though it rides nice, it certainly doesn't handle like the Bullitt did. There is a big difference. This one, though not bad, feels almost top-heavy compared to the Bullitt. I was surprised at that. The lowered suspension makes a big difference.

In all respects, I love this GT and hope to have it for a long time. I love the low miles and how clean it is (even the underside looks like new!)

Just a few thoughts for now. Hope to see some of you at the shows soon.

KO

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Yeah, I have a friend with an 04' GT, and we traded cars for a day
(back when the B was completely stock) and he was blown away at the difference between the BULLITT and a Stock GT. It was nice driving his though with the softer suspention and automatic.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts