Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres what i plan to do today

as of now (1pm est) this is what i have done

now its time to hook up some wires then its onto the throttle body. as for the nitrous idk how far i will get with that today because im not %100 sure how i want to run the line and put the solinoids. ill have some pics up later on of what im doing with my coolant temp sensor... i have yet to see anyone do it the way i am going to.... not bad for a 21 year old right:cool:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Sweeeeet!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
^^^ we should plan to meet at E-town in the spring and find out ;)

I know my local club is planning to make a trip down

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheCat033 said:
^^^ we should plan to meet at E-town in the spring and find out ;)

I know my local club is planning to make a trip down
im down for that... i only got down there about 6 times last year but next year i want to be down there alot. im only 25 min away from there to

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
jeffs89gt said:
im down for that... i only got down there about 6 times last year but next year i want to be down there alot. im only 25 min away from there to
well we've got NE Dragway about an hour away and its pretty decent, but we really wanna get down to E-town or Lebenon Valley next year...we'll definately have to set something up. Maybe is the stars alighn I can talk John (MaineBullitt) into joining us on the trip :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TheCat033 said:
well we've got NE Dragway about an hour away and its pretty decent, but we really wanna get down to E-town or Lebenon Valley next year...we'll definately have to set something up. Maybe is the stars alighn I can talk John (MaineBullitt) into joining us on the trip :D
for as long as i can remember i have only seen one other bullitt at e town and it was probly 4 or 5 years ago... and for all i know it was the one i own now. the mustang guys there usualy take a liking to my car because they dont see many and if there were a few there that would be cool

anyways i went to put the t/b on and then relized i have to cut out my manifold so i marked it to see what i have to cut and then decided thats a job for another day. heres some pics for anyone who was wondering the difference between the two and whats involved

now for my coolant temp sensor... i took the housing from a 96 lincon town car and drilled and tapped a hole for my coolant temp sensor. for whatever reason the town car housings have a flat spot in them and our 4.6s dont... i just hope it doesnt leak.

thats it with the t-stat in it... more than enough room

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I like the look of the ACCUFAB T/B. Has anyone noticed or measured the effect of one on a relatively stock motor? I have heard that throttle response is improved. Is that because the tip in rate is faster, so it feels more responsive? I am hoping someone can confirm that the benefit is real and worth the investment. I haven't noticed a lot of them on the sigs here, so I am wondering what the consensus is on these.

I like the work you've done so far. Post finished pics when it is done.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as of now i should have the t/b on this weekend... depending on if anything comes up that keeps me from doing it. ill keep everyone posted on it. i like takin pics of what i do to help clear up questions other people have when they are thinking about doing the same mod

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
TRUEBLUE3934 said:
I like the look of the ACCUFAB T/B. Has anyone noticed or measured the effect of one on a relatively stock motor? I have heard that throttle response is improved. Is that because the tip in rate is faster, so it feels more responsive? I am hoping someone can confirm that the benefit is real and worth the investment. I haven't noticed a lot of them on the sigs here, so I am wondering what the consensus is on these.

I like the work you've done so far. Post finished pics when it is done.
on a stock/mostly stock bullitt i'd invest my money elsewhere....hell i'm still running the stock throttle body myself, lol

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
jeffs89gt said:
for as long as i can remember i have only seen one other bullitt at e town and it was probly 4 or 5 years ago... and for all i know it was the one i own now. the mustang guys there usualy take a liking to my car because they dont see many and if there were a few there that would be cool
Yeah there aren't too many around the NE. I saw my first one back in 01 up in maine parked in someones driveway. Then I looked at a black one that was kinda beat which was somewhat local to me, then I bought my car in 04.

Other than John and myself I know of 2 other DHG and 1 black bullitt in the New England area, which is a very small amount to say the least. It would def be cool to get some of us together tho, haven't seen another Bullitt since Mustang Week/Bullitt nats where there were like 40 something, haha

·
Registered
346 Posts
we should all definitely plan a trip to etown for a mini bullitt meet up once it opens up in the spring. Would be awesome to meet some you fellow bullitheads, hopefully my bullitt will be back in one piece by then

p.s. nitrous setup looks pretty sweet, be sure to post some results when its all done

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
jeffs89gt said:
as of now i should have the t/b on this weekend... depending on if anything comes up that keeps me from doing it. ill keep everyone posted on it. i like takin pics of what i do to help clear up questions other people have when they are thinking about doing the same mod
Taking pics....hell...when you get to be my age you have to take pics so you can remember what the heck you did...:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TheCat033 said:
on a stock/mostly stock bullitt i'd invest my money elsewhere....hell i'm still running the stock throttle body myself, lol

i got it for 200 and wanted it so i have less restriction in my intake for when i spray. with the twin t/b my n20 and fule would be spraying directly into the middle of the tb and with the stock one it would be in the way

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
jeffs89gt said:
i got it for 200 and wanted it so i have less restriction in my intake for when i spray. with the twin t/b my n20 and fule would be spraying directly into the middle of the tb and with the stock one it would be in the way
I was reffering to a stock/mostly stock bullitt....you won't get the same benefits you would with a blower or in your case spray.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts