Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pondering the idea of moving the Sirius Anttena to inside the trunk or cabin area and getting the holes filled. Will the system still work and has anyone does this already. I plan on keeping the subscription after the free trial ends, but I hate how it ruins the sleekness of the fastback look.

Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I know that it will work if it's placed on the dash or back near the rear window. My neighbor is a local truck driver and moves his siruis mobile unit from truck to truck with no problem. I would assume ours if moved inside would also work. If you have metal window film it may cause some problems.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I have the Sirius antenna on my 01 Bullitt sitting in the rear window and it works like a champ.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You could install it on the rear deck with the speakers!

I'm going to do this one day....

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Ok I have an XM mobile system that I move between different vehicles. On my own vehicles I went & bought extra antennas to mount on all of them and have another for rentals. In each case I usually place on the roof, unless I'm in a hurry or don't think I'll have the rental that long I'll just place it on the dash. However reception is affected but not so much that it's a major concern.

While the location of Sirius antenna on the rear deck lid doesn't bother me (better than the roof IMHO ) and actually think the XM unit gets better reception on my dashboard than the Sirius unit does when going under bridges and overpasses when it cuts out.

Matter-a-fact I can park my truck in the Garage with the garage door open and I still get reception - whereas the Bullitt’s Sirius unit drops the signal before I even pull all the way in.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I saw a stang once that had the antenna mounted in place of one of the child lacthes. He took the old child latch out by the back window and made the antenna flush with the decklid..lookedc really good and worked really well too. Good luck

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Yes, the Sirius antenna will work under the back window. You can go to most stereo shops and buy just the antenna for around $40, place it under the rear deck (on the metal), run the antenna lead to the Sirius tuner (behind the carpet in the trunk, pass side) and done.

As for the 2010, it is in the same location as the '08s. But they moved the AM/FM antenna to the pass side quarter trim, so it looks less out of place.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
installermarc said:
Yes, the Sirius antenna will work under the back window. You can go to most stereo shops and buy just the antenna for around $40, place it under the rear deck (on the metal), run the antenna lead to the Sirius tuner (behind the carpet in the trunk, pass side) and done.

As for the 2010, it is in the same location as the '08s. But they moved the AM/FM antenna to the pass side quarter trim, so it looks less out of place.
Marc
Would these be platform specific, one for XM and one for Sirius?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
As of now, yes. The newer SatRad tuners (due out any day now as a SiriusXM tuner) will most likely use the Sirius style. The only reason for the different antenas is they are "tuned" for the correct frequencies they are used on.

Truth be told, I have used a Ford Sirius antenna for an XM install, and a facory GM XM antenna for a Sirius install, and both worked just fine.

Are you confused now?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.