Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Sitting in the garage

614 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jimmy Ray 
#1 ·
My bullitt only has around 500 miles. I am going on a trip for about 2 months. Is it bad for it to sit in the garage for that time. Someone said that during the break in period you should drive it agressivly, so is it bad to leave it sit? thanks. I know this is a stupid question.

#2 ·
I used to work a 28/28 schedule overseas. The worst problem is the tires remaining in one position for so long.

Change your oil right before parking it. Acids form in the oil during use, and old oil can cause corrosion problems during extended periods without use. During normal use the heat drives of the components that form the acid, so your wife, parents, sibling could run the engine until the temperature is in the normal operating range.

#4 ·
TX is right about the oils and tires, I'm in the navy and I deploy sometimes for 6 months and if my wife doesn't start my cars and truck while I'm gone I have one hell of a time upon return getting very thing going again. Last time I left everything except the drivers power seat in the 95 Gt vert was go to go because she started them very week and she even took the Mach 1 to a show.
The seat was stuck all way forward where she drives it. She thought that was funny!!!!!! it needed a new switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.