Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. Has anybody looked into switching to skinny front tires like welds or something else. I am looking down the road to switch over to these but I am hearing that are front breaks are two big for this type of rim to fit. Has anybody looked into this.

thanks Jim

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
They will fit. The question is what do you plan on using the car for. racing , crusing ect....... for a daily driver i would think twice about it for you will lose some handling aspects of having the larger tires. But for the track they would be excelent

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I have heard a 15 inch rim will not fit over the front rotors. I am not doubting what you are saying I sure hope it is true this way I can buy a 15 inch rim rather then a 17 inch. Do yo have a pics so I can check it out. ALso did you have to use any sort ot spacers.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i understand that the minimum rim required to clear our 13" rotors is a 17" wheel. and even then not all will fit. it must be a rim that would work on 96 & up Cobra(also 01 Bullitt)

·
Registered
8 Posts
We carry a complete line of Bogart rims here at the shop. I can have them made with the correct spacing so they will fit over the front brakes, and can also have the rears made in any width and any backspacing that you require. Bogart's are made for the track ONLY. They can not be used on the street, that is the only drawback. Give me a call if interested (800)683-7099.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Thanks Joe!
just what he was looking for!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bogarts are nice rims but a little to pricey for my blood.I was thinking more along the lines of the weld drag stars. I just got some info that would make them fit are cars. We will need spacers as well as different studs I will post it later. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe the Weld's that will fit your Bullitt are the Drag Lite XP's. A good source for them is Wells Performance in Jacksonville, FL. Their phone number is (904)743-5878. I think they only charge $1.50 per rim for shipping also.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-18 17:35, T/S # 25 wrote:
I believe the Weld's that will fit your Bullitt are the Drag Lite XP's. A good source for them is Wells Performance in Jacksonville, FL. Their phone number is (904)743-5878. I think they only charge $1.50 per rim for shipping also.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Joe do you work for the FBI!!! What's the deal with the code name (T/S #25)? :-B

·
Registered
8 Posts
For the last 3 years I have raced the FFW series in the Trophy Stock class, hence the T/S #25. This year they switched the name to Street Warrior, so If you look at my signature, you will now see S/W #25. That's were it all came from. Give me a call as soon as you get to a track and test out the new suspension.

1,169 Posts
Will do Joe, I was thinking about going to a local 1/8 track next Friday night.I'll most likey just wait for Bradenton to reopen on Jan 3rd.

I'll keep you posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts