Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shopping around today for slicks for my BULLITT. It looks like 10x26 slicks are a good size BUT i can't find a 15" wheel that will work with the Cobra brakes. I would think there would be a wheel that fits the Cobra's that work on a stock BULLITT with out changing the rear roters etc.....?

Does anyone know of a slick and wheel combo that i can use on the BULLITT?

·
Registered
13 Posts
the rear brakes are the same as found on the 93 cobra R, up to the 01' cobra. I know that a 15x8 prostar will clear with a 7/16" spacer.

I've ran that combo for many rears on my 93' cobra

·
Registered
203 Posts
From experiance with my roommates 95 Cobra and my Bullitt I found that you can use a 15in wheel. I used, here is the funny thing, the same wheels that I use on my 68 stang. They are 15x8s with 4 1/2 backspacing. I have three sets of these with various types of tires. One set has BFG Drag Radials, other one with M/T ET Streets, and my "street" tires for my 68 are McCreary's. All sets fit but one of the sets needed some 1/8in washers to clear the calipers. For the price all the rims are steel Bart wheels except for my street wheels on the 68 those are Dodge Diplomat Cop car wheels. Hope that helps you figure out what size wheels and types you can try out.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
You mean you were using washers behind the wheel? Not to safe is it? The last time I used wheel spacers on the rear of my 85 LX,many years ago with slicks,I ended up with 8 bent/twisted axle studs! Make sure with thick spacers,you still have enough lug nut thread engagement!

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-20 23:15, Mus408 wrote:
You mean you were using washers behind the wheel? Not to safe is it? The last time I used wheel spacers on the rear of my 85 LX,many years ago with slicks,I ended up with 8 bent/twisted axle studs! Make sure with thick spacers,you still have enough lug nut thread engagement!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
It looks like the back wheels on the stock BULLITT has 6" backspace now? Am I right?

GSCA #3535
BCA #36858
2001 BULLITT #1042 DHG
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Conv. 4 Speed
1965 Bucik Skylark Gran Sport Conv. Auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-07-20 23:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-07-20 23:19 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts