Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Slight wheel rash/scraping

306 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  rblack4405 
#1 ·
Any of you guys know how to fix slight wheel scraping? It's not that bad, but since I am so meticulous about the car, I want to see if I can fix it. Not sure if wet sanding it would be a good idea? any suggestions?

Jim

#2 ·
Look in the Bullitt archives, under Mustang maintenance...then repair curb damage...I've done it a couple of times. Kind of scary at first, taking sandpaper to our rims, but take your time and mask off what you don't want touched by the sandpaper...once done, you can't even tell there was damage to begin with.

#4 ·
it's about inch and a half or so...feel dumb for scraping the side of the curb at the gym. DAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

#5 ·
In reading the archive again, I didn't use 2400 grit for the finish. I didn't go any higher than 400 or so. If you polish it to much with the fine sandpaper, that section will stand out. Anyway, just take your time, start with the 180 and go from there. When you get the look you want, hit it with some clear.

#9 ·
I live in the Phoenix area now. Been here since 1982, right out of high school. I bought my Bullitt used from one of the Ford dealers in Vegas. Saw in online and went to visit mom and ended buying the car and driving it back. Next time I go visit I'll have to look you up.

#10 ·
you'll have to PM me or something. I haven't been on IMBOC much in the past few months. sounds good though.

#11 ·
DID you have to polish the area after spraying the clear coat at all? or maybe i hit it with the fine sandpaper too much? so you figure if that is the case, start over?

#13 ·
get the finish of the sanded area as good as you can, then spray the clear coat. You can not change the finish of the sanded area after clearing. The clear is protecting the finish of the wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.