Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just gonna change the head gasket and throw it back together but it was recommended to me that i check everything else out after we found inconsistancies in the upper part of the motor...specifically in the torque on the head stud nuts...so i got it all apart...and it's now aparent that there's absolutely nothing wrong with anything in the motor...evidently the shortblock was assembled by the machine shop aka someone competent...the whole problem was with the headgasket and an improperly installed o-ring in the block...when they assembled the motor they did not seat the o-ring around the #1 cylinder properly and it caused a high spot which ultimately caused the headgasket not to seal and blow out in this area...i hesitated to do this but i'm glad that i now know that everything is solid and can proceed without having to worry...it's gonna take a little longer than i expected to get it back together now that i have additional items to buy ie. rings and bearings and all...i doubt it'll be ready this year but hell it's been down for almost two now...what's another year...so anyway...here's the pics..

Attachments

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey Russ,

It looks SWEEEEET!!!!! Some day I want to get a ride in your car!!!

Thanks for the pics!

Bud

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Dang it Russ. Another year? Noooooo.....lol, at least you don't have to replace anything to expensive right. I get second dibs on a ride after Bud. lol

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
So how much do you think it is going to cost total?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I think you might be able to do it quicker than one year. I am a deaf lame old man and could put it back together in about a week!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
There you go then David. take a trip to Russ's place and fix er up. :) we need this thing done by the 08' Nats so I can see it.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5111 said:
So how much do you think it is going to cost total?
$1500 is what i'm counting on...around 500 for the bearings/gaskets/rings...800 for the 8-rib and 200 for the tune...going with the 8rib while i have everything apart so that the boost will be predictable and maybe it'll get tuned "RIGHT" this time...no i'm not taking it to MM...not because of your reasons but because Strictly is closer and they sponsored our shootout and Mark has had good luck with them.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DavidMidgley said:
I think you might be able to do it quicker than one year. I am a deaf lame old man and could put it back together in about a week!
it's not an issue of time...more of money...i could put it all back together in a day if i had the $$ readily available to do it...so instead i just have to buy parts and pieces as i can...then once i have all the parts together i'll put it together on a friday night and tune it on a saturday

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
bluebullitt3735 said:
...then once i have all the parts together i'll put it together on a friday night and tune it on a saturday...
...and then it's...PARTY TIME!

LET THE ASPHALT ASSAULT BEGIN!

:bigguns: :bigguns:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
bluebullitt3735 said:
it's not an issue of time...more of money...i could put it all back together in a day if i had the $$ readily available to do it...so instead i just have to buy parts and pieces as i can...then once i have all the parts together i'll put it together on a friday night and tune it on a saturday
Sorry, I understand about the money thing. I'd send you what I have right now, but would have to take out a loan for the postage... I'm not laughing.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DavidMidgley said:
Sorry, I understand about the money thing. I'd send you what I have right now, but would have to take out a loan for the postage... I'm not laughing.
LOL...brother, trust me...i hear ya on that...i'm not asking for any handouts or help...i've made it this far and it's just a car anyway...it'll get done when it gets done...i'm just thankful i've been able to scrounge and figure out a way to keep it...if it takes another year then that's just the way it is...it's a hobby...it's not a necessity...i'm just ready to get it going...it's been two years since i've been able to drive it.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Best of luck with this, keep us posted with the progress.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
IT'S JUST A CAR?????????????????

Dude, what has happened to you? I had my car out today and it felt like....um driving it the FIRST time. ;)
Thats me every morning when I wake up, get ready for work, and jump into the BULLITT. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts