Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever have the slp loudmouth/loudmouth II catback, if you have whats your opinion on it. I know its loud because a friend of mine has it on his GT and hes made real good friends with the police since hes got it :D

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
TomBullitt said:
well i didnt find that one so thank you, just one question are these vids prior to your mods or no?
These are very recent-last night. No more mods planned....John R

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I didn't record anything prior to installing the slp catback so I cant show you one vs the other. I can tell you that at idle the slp isn't much louder than stock, just deeper. But as soon as you start, it begins to get louder & louder. If you are loafing through the gears it is not bad, tolerable even to those who don't like the system probably. But if you are on it, it is loud. You wouldn't want to have a hill start in front of a police vehicle. I have had police behind me before and just used common sense while driving in front of them. But you do have to be aware that your car will be heard from distances greater than you may like if you drive agressively a lot. Something to think about. As for me, if I ever run in to trouble I will simply replace the mufflers with the powerflows which are just a click louder than the stock Bullitt exhaust. The system is very well designed and installed easily on my car within an hour. The mufflers and tips are polished stainless and look great....Hope this helps...John R

P.S.-looking at your post time last night you are a true Bullithead!!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Wolverine said:
B....A....S....S....A....N....I..

........ nuff said!

Lets hear it!!!!!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
I couldn't agree with you more Wolverine.
Guys-you may very well be right here, but if you dont at least mention what it is about the Bassani system that you like compared to the SLP or any other system you're really not helping TomBullitt make a decision. If it's just a matter of tone then post up a clip so he can hear the difference. I don't want anybody to buy a catback based on my advise and then regret it once it's installed.....John R

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Guys-you may very well be right here, but if you dont at least mention what it is about the Bassani system that you like compared to the SLP or any other system you're really not helping TomBullitt make a decision. If it's just a matter of tone then post up a clip so he can hear the difference. I don't want anybody to buy a catback based on my advise and then regret it once it's installed.....John R

Easy big fella, Easy! Slow down a bit. I have commented on it! AT LENGTH!!! In only about 200 posts here on IMBOC. We've had a TON of exhaust discussions on here over the years (the search button is OUR friend). Here is just one discussion (my post in 2003 when I received the system):

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108146&highlight=catback

Those who are proponents of this system will tell you:

- You simply cannot receive better craftsmanship
- Customer service & support is Top-notch
- Lifetime waranty
- It is a 'flow-through' design (non-chambered)
- Although it is not chambered, it has an incredibly DEEEEEEEEEP sound
- It comes in SS (althouth now-a-days you can get it aluminized)
- Fit was outstanding!

*** But it's the sound, the sound that intoxicating! I get compliments everywhere I go. Bassani is a contradiction.... it's 'flow-through' coupled with an X-pipe, YET it sounds muscular like 60's muscle car. AWESOME! As a bonus, there is little to no drone. As an ADDED bonus, the sound is quieter (not overwhelming) to the occupants of the car, but loud to those who are around & behind. My wife tells me she can here me coming from a 1/2 mile away. Tim (Axeman) was the first to tell me how loud my car was when I did'nt think it was loud at all.

*** The price (for the SS version) is STEEEEEP. Well, you get what you pay for. I have researched catbacks to death and decided on Bassani. When I actually bought it, I COULD NOT BELIEVE I spent nearly $700 on a cat-back. I had chest pains.... literally. I installed the system, had my wife come out to the garage and start the car for the first time, and I stood about 15 feet behind it to listen........ my chest pain was gone. I did'nt even think of the money. That's how sweet the Bassani X-pipe with cats & catback sounded!

******* Here's the real truth. Bassani owners are part of a fraternity. They get it. They understand it. They know EXACTLY what I'm talking about in my description above. To ANYONE else, it's like trying to describe a color that they cannot see. That's all I can tell you.

NO. I have no video. Video means NOTHING. You have to hear it at idle and in person. More importantly you need to hear it UNDER LOAD while going through the gears. It's just how it is.

Now you know why I just posted:

B.A.S.S.A.N.I.

............ nuff said!

SLP is SS and it is loud (I've heard it MANY times in person) but IMHO it sounds like ass (not a class sound). All it is is loud and raspy. Hell, anyone can make an exhaust loud. Bassani is deeeeeeeep and stirs your soul.

Of course I'll perform my customary "Thank you again, DOC1FMF." Doc fully educated me in 2002/2003 about this exhaust and was inspirational in me purchasing it. "Thanks Doc!"

There are only (2) items that are irreplacable on my Bullitt: Bassani catback & Bilsteins (yup, they're both that good!)

.............. nuff said!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Wolverine said:
Easy big fella, Easy! Slow down a bit. I have commented on it! AT LENGTH!!! In only about 200 posts here on IMBOC. We've had a TON of exhaust discussions on here over the years (the search button is OUR friend). Here is just one discussion (my post in 2003 when I received the system):

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108146&highlight=catback

Those who are proponents of this system will tell you:

- You simply cannot receive better craftsmanship
- Customer service & support is Top-notch
- Lifetime waranty
- It is a 'flow-through' design (non-chambered)
- Although it is not chambered, it has an incredibly DEEEEEEEEEP sound
- It comes in SS (althouth now-a-days you can get it aluminized)
- Fit was outstanding!

*** But it's the sound, the sound that intoxicating! I get compliments everywhere I go. Bassani is a contradiction.... it's 'flow-through' coupled with an X-pipe, YET it sounds muscular like 60's muscle car. AWESOME! As a bonus, there is little to no drone. As an ADDED bonus, the sound is quieter (not overwhelming) to the occupants of the car, but loud to those who are around & behind. My wife tells me she can here me coming from a 1/2 mile away. Tim (Axeman) was the first to tell me how loud my car was when I did'nt think it was loud at all.

*** The price (for the SS version) is STEEEEEP. Well, you get what you pay for. I have researched catbacks to death and decided on Bassani. When I actually bought it, I COULD NOT BELIEVE I spent nearly $700 on a cat-back. I had chest pains.... literally. I installed the system, had my wife come out to the garage and start the car for the first time, and I stood about 15 feet behind it to listen........ my chest pain was gone. I did'nt even think of the money. That's how sweet the Bassani X-pipe with cats & catback sounded!

******* Here's the real truth. Bassani owners are part of a fraternity. They get it. They understand it. They know EXACTLY what I'm talking about in my description above. To ANYONE else, it's like trying to describe a color that they cannot see. That's all I can tell you.

NO. I have no video. Video means NOTHING. You have to hear it at idle and in person. More importantly you need to hear it UNDER LOAD while going through the gears. It's just how it is.

Now you know why I just posted:

B.A.S.S.A.N.I.

............ nuff said!

SLP is SS and it is loud (I've heard it MANY times in person) but IMHO it sounds like ass (not a class sound). All it is is loud and raspy. Hell, anyone can make an exhaust loud. Bassani is deeeeeeeep and stirs your soul.

Of course I'll perform my customary "Thank you again, DOC1FMF." Doc fully educated me in 2002/2003 about this exhaust and was inspirational in me purchasing it. "Thanks Doc!"

There are only (2) items that are irreplacable on my Bullitt: Bassani catback & Bilsteins (yup, they're both that good!)

.............. nuff said!

It's great that you like your exhaust system, but as much as you like yours I feel the same way about mine. I couldn't disagree with you more about my system "sounding like ass", I'm not sure I would say that about anybody's car on here even if I felt that way. I do admit that more people are SLP haters than lovers though and I am in the minority on this. That has never and will never matter to me because if it did I probably wouldnt have bought a Bullitt to begin with. My point was more that it would be better if you included all the information included in your last post in your first one instead. We all know about the search function but if you are trying to help someone make an important decision like an exhaust purchase why not do it for him?
As far as the video or audio clips go, I agree that they may not be perfect replications but for many of us it's all we have to base our purchases on....Anyway, I wasn't as wound up as you thought, still not. One of the things I like about this site is that it is not people flaming each other like some of the other Mustang sites. It's all good with me, hopefully you too....John R :cool:

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have to agree with Wolverine with the sound of Bassani, but everyone has their own opinions on exhaust. I love mine with the Dr. Gas o/r x-pipe and BBK longtubes. It's quiet when just putting around, but it screams at wide open throttle.

When I am driving the car even at wide open throttle it doesn't seem that loud. I had my friend take it down the road over the weekend just so I could hear it from outside the car. Holy ****, it's loud, I was surprised.

Good luck with whatever exhaust you choose to go with...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
"When I am driving the car even at wide open throttle it doesn't seem that loud. I had my friend take it down the road over the weekend just so I could hear it from outside the car. Holy ****, it's loud, I was surprised."

What's funny is that is exactly what happened for me. Until I had my wife drive the car one day I had no idea how loud the SLP system was. Inside the car it is fine for me, but when she left I couldn't believe how loud it was. I can understand why those who don't like the SLP feel that way, but for me I like it. I have to say that I haven't heard any 4.6 Mustang with any type of exhaust I don't like. It's like Mexican restaraunts-I like some better than others...But I havent found one yet I don't like.....John R :cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
I have to agree with Wolverine with the sound of Bassani, but everyone has their own opinions on exhaust. I love mine with the Dr. Gas o/r x-pipe and BBK longtubes. It's quiet when just putting around, but it screams at wide open throttle.

When I am driving the car even at wide open throttle it doesn't seem that loud. I had my friend take it down the road over the weekend just so I could hear it from outside the car. Holy ****, it's loud, I was surprised.

Good luck with whatever exhaust you choose to go with...
I still need to hear yours i heard it before headers and all but need to hear it now. Matt has heard my LM1 it is extremly loud and raspy. It sounds awsome at idle with my cc 270 cams but it gets really loud under throttle. The LM1 sreams when others roar if that makes since. The system itself is very nice and fits amazing my installer said it was the nicest kit he had intstalled.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Mexican restaurants and exhaust------recycled

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
rblack4405 said:
Mexican restaurants and exhaust------recycled
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It took me a minute but that is hilarious! I guess its true, those 2 will eternally be related to each other....John R

1 - 20 of 25 Posts