Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am goin to get the SLP x-pipe with the high flow cats. . it should be a nice addition to my borla exhaust (which was on the car when I bought it). . my question is. . . it says its completely bolt on. . should I do this myself and just bolt it on or will that leak and cause me to just get it welded later? I looked up some past posts and noticed a couple of you guys have this setup. . any thoughts would be appreciated

SLP is havin a dyno day tomorrow, and if you order the parts there tomorrow you get 10% off. . not too bad

·
Registered
98 Posts
you dont need to weld anything. just beware the slp cats hang rather low and scrape easily.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
slp quality is top notch, but helty is right, their midpipe sits WAY low. i ended up taking mine to an exhaust shop and getting fixed. its now tucked up very nicely under 890. if you want to stay with cats i would have them welded in. i'm running them now until smog check next month and then the race pipes are going in. one of my cats is leaking a little bit, but you can barely hear it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
werd.. SLP= Loud as mofo!!! Get sum clips of it when its all said and done! would like to hear how that combo sounds like

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
i'll try to get some clips in the next couple days. frpp headers, catted slp x pipe, and loudmouth catback. its really loud for a catted setup. at 5800 it sounds almost as loud as my o/r prochamber did. it doesn't have the raw sound of a catless exhaust, but its still loud enough to get pulled over. :wink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I didn't get there yesterday, so I am going to think about it. . I don't need to be scrapping them all the time. . but I think I'll set it up for the beginning of summer. . sound clips would be great

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have it on mine with the loudmouth II catback. It bolts in great without welding, and I have not had any leaks at all with the slp setup. The only part of the install that was a little challenging was that you have to remove the factory header studs. This takes some heat and a stud extruder. Other than that the install was not a problem, and you will not be dissapointed with the product!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts