Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took black #3650 to compete in my first small car show on Saturday, put on by some local car washes. Though the weather was great, only about 65 cars showed up, but lots more people came to see the cars.

About 20 of the cars were tricked-out Hondas, with amazing stereos, but I had nice conversations with several owners, as well as a guy with a vintage Mercedes and even a man with a 68 Charger (we couldn't get them parked next to each other, however!). All in all, got lots of positive comments, including the Honda boys, who agreed that the Bullitt was truly a classic American musclecar.

The two judges knew about the Bullitt but had never really checked one out carefully. They semed to appreciate the details like seat stiitching and speedometer lettering, the serial number, as well as the overall look.

When it came time for awards, I was very surprised to take first place in the Ford category, especially since there were at least 6-8 other very nice Fords, including a late 60's Mustang and a beautiful red 99 Cobra convertible.

Interestingly, got applause and nice comments from just abhout everybody, including the Cobra owner and the Honda contingent. And when I rumbled past at the end, several stopped to listen-and grin...

For all the commments sometimes heard about "ricers," I have to say that we're all into cars, and most can appreciate different kinds of vehicles, even if they're not our own personal top choice.

The show was lots of fun, though with commuting nearly 100 miles a day, this may be my one and only chance for the car to be nice enough to win such a trophy. But it's not a show car...I bought it to drive..and enjoy!

·
Registered
821 Posts
WOW...CONGRATS! That is so neat! I've never even BEEN to a car show, let alone entered in one....but I told my husband I want to, I think it would be neat!!!!

Again, CONGRATS!
Let's see the trophy!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm afraid that the trophy isn't all that impressive, about 10 inches tall and mostly plastic, but it was a low-budget operation. On the other hand, it was still fun, and I got to spread the word to lots of people about the Bullitt. If you get a chance to enter one, go for it. Car show folks are nice, often with suggestions on how to best present your car. Just figure on spending the day before cleaning, waxing and detailing...which is fun to do anyway on the Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Awesome Irish,

Congrats. I've won 6 trophies this summer. 4-first, 1-second and 1-3rd . Car shows are fun and you get to meet some great people. We even met "The Shade Tree Mechanic" from TNN at one. He had never seen a Bullitt and gave us a thumbs up.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Great job! Congrats. The car is definitly a winner.

Brian

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congrats, that would be really fun. Mine is a daily driver also, so I don't know if I can keep it show-worthy. I've already put 1100 miles on it in just over a week, but I detailed it yesterday, and it looked better than when I drove it off of the lot! :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
3230 is a daily driver with over 5,000 miles.
I entered her for the first time to be judged in the Tara mustang club show yesterday and took a first in the DD cat. It was a hoot, and I came away with the feeling that if anything else this will be good motivation to keep her clean...like I needed it anyway. The car really gets attention at these shows. Of course, being the only Blue Bullitt that anyone's seen helped I'm sure.

·
Registered
821 Posts
for irishbullitt - don't matter how big (or small) the tropy, still COOL as all get out you won it and worth a looksy. :smile:

For anybody who can help me - How do I find out about car shows near me, how do I enter, what is involved, cost??? I'd really like to give it at try, but since I've never even BEEN to a car show, I haven't a clue where to start, what I have to do, etc!!

Thanks for any input!
:smile:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dona, I live on the other side of the state and the Saturday issue of the Kansas City Star Auto section has a "Fun on Wheels" section where various organizations list when and where the car shows for the area will be. I suspect the Post-Dispatch has a very similar layout. Good luck finding a show!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks Lt. Bullitt....I sure miss my hometown...Kansas City...oh, and HOUSTON'S restaurant!!!!!

Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it!
:smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts