Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a big problem but you may want to take a look at it the next time your changing your oil or having it changed. Today when I backed out of the drive, I saw a dark spot on my otherwise squeaky-clean garage floor. :evil: Got out and checked and sure enough, oil was there! Checked the car over this evening and found the plug used on the oil filter/water outlet was just slightly more than hand tight. :eek: Tightened it up and next time I change oil I'm removing that plug and giving it a healthy dose of Permatex. Thought the rest of you might want to know.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
it's always a good idea to check filter and plug tightness....i just don't always do it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-24 00:42, hblattel wrote:
This isn't a big problem but you may want to take a look at it the next time your changing your oil or having it changed. Today when I backed out of the drive, I saw a dark spot on my otherwise squeaky-clean garage floor. :evil: Got out and checked and sure enough, oil was there! Checked the car over this evening and found the plug used on the oil filter/water outlet was just slightly more than hand tight. :eek: Tightened it up and next time I change oil I'm removing that plug and giving it a healthy dose of Permatex. Thought the rest of you might want to know.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Where exactly is the plug used on the oil filter/water outlet?

When I first read this I thought you meant the oil plug - but you must be talking about something different.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right. I didn't make it very clear. There is an aluminum piece bolted to the lower left side of the engine block that provides for mounting the oil filter and also is where the lower radiator hose is attached. In addition to that, there are two drilled and tapped holes in this piece, one for the oil pressure sensor and another one with a 1/4 inch plug in it. On my car the one that's plugged is facing straight down. If you look straight up from underneath the car, you can't miss it. It was this one that wasn't in tight.

Hope this clarifies what I was talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts