Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Bullitt-heads:
i'm wondering if anyone of you have experienced the same thing with your bullitt. i, however, do not see a pool of radiator fluid under the car. what i'm experiencing is, after driving in the hills in san francisco on several occasions, i smell the radiator fluid in the car. problem is, i don't see any exterior leaks. can anyone help? i'd like to avoid the dealer if i possibly can.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
222 Posts
Could be the heater core.
My Bronco 2 had it happen 2 times,
you get an anti-freeze smell inside
with no leaking.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Myself and quite a few other members have seen the same thing. It has driven me crazy, but I might be on to it. Check by your radiator overflow tank. There is a hose which travels from the base of the tank to the lower end of the radiator. If you drive the car daily, it might not be as easy to see any leakage. It might be coming from the tank itself or the the hose, where it attaches to the tank. I noticed since I have put my car away for winter that the hose area is stained from coolant. Both myself and I believe Donna found a small pool of coolant under our cars. Leakage from the tank would make it look like a leak from a lower area of the car. I am glad these cars have aluminum intakes. My fleet of 4.6 motors with comosite intakes have all been recalled. I hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bosses and Bullitts on 2002-01-18 01:29 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
good suggestion Bosses!!! thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts