Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my buddy for a ride in my Bullitt yesterday, and we went down a slow road. I was just going to do a burnout, but after I dumped the clutch I put on the break and held it for a good 20 seconds. My god the whole car was in a cloud of smoke. IT kicked sideways a bit when I let off the breaks kinda of scary.

I will not ever do it again. But it was fun to try once. The car smells like rubber now. Not a good idea, but it was fun to try on the junky good years anyways. Wish I would have filmed it, becouse it will not happen again.

Doug

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ya know that car is perfectly capable of standing still without touching the brakes in a burnout. Matter of fact I managed to pull off a dry pavement 360 in that car. Had I not let off the gas I am sure it would have made another half turn before catching traction. Lots of fun though isn't it?!?

·
Registered
509 Posts
If the Good Years are "junky" at their price.........what would be considered a good set of meats for the Bullitt??

·
Registered
257 Posts
A couple of weeks after I got my Bullitt, I stoped by a race shop that I crew for on weekends. I parked in front of one of the service doors as usual, but was asked to move because they had a shipment of tires comming in. The guy said to do a smoke show when I moved the car, well I did three donuts in the parking lot, talk about smoke.The whole gang came out to watch. That was a blast. Do it again? Sure why not. That is why I bought the car, to have fun. BTW 2 months later the donuts are still imprinted in lot.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-10 05:54, schmedlap wrote:
If the Good Years are "junky" at their price.........what would be considered a good set of meats for the Bullitt??
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Nittos are an excelent choice as are yokies

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh I will probally do it again... But I felt like I was beating on the Bullitt. But isnt that what it is built for. Yes the Goodyears are not that good of a tire, In my opionion. I had some Kuomos on my last GT and what a difference they made in the rain and handling all together.

Doug

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have not put #2879 up in smoke yet. Just 600 miles so far. However, I would not worry too much about abusing your car. Ford is pretty good about building mustangs to take the abuse. I had a '90 model GT that went 95,000 miles on the original clutch! It went through many hard launches and smoking burn-outs in 4 years. I am not sure of the reputation of the 4.6 motor, but the old 5.0 was a trooper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts