Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we got the car back from the dealer on Wednesday, so I finally go the opportunity to finish out the front end today. Here are some pics of the finished product. Let us know what you think.....

Mike and Karen

·
Registered
417 Posts
Personally I like the look of the white corners!! :smile: Too bad somebody in the Arid-zona state legislature wrote it into state law that those corners had to be amber! The local cops won't even let you use white corners with amber bulbs... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
I like it! Where'd you get the clear corner lenses?

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
Looks great!! It appears to be the clear style and not the smoked. Are my eyes right??? I've seen the clears and they look nice!!

On a different note, I need to know how your hood reacts at 90+ mph with the new grill. Lot's of shakes or no change??? Of course you'll need to perform this testing on a closed course with a professional driver. :badgrin:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On a different note, I need to know how your hood reacts at 90+ mph with the new grill. Lot's of shakes or no change??? Of course you'll need to perform this testing on a closed course with a professional driver.
Funny you mention this...We were coming back today from Newport Beach, and Karen was piloting.....I was watching the hood flex right in front of me. A bit un-nerving, but not un-nerving enough to install hood pins in that beautiful hood.....yet.....

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Nice look. Keeps within the "stealthy" look of the 08/09 B.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Funny you mention this...We were coming back today from Newport Beach, and Karen was piloting.....I was watching the hood flex right in front of me. A bit un-nerving, but not un-nerving enough to install hood pins in that beautiful hood.....yet.....

Mike
I wonder if you could add panels behind the grille in the corners, mimicking what Ford did with the stock grille, to reduce that effect?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RCSignals said:
which lower grille did you use? Is that an insert or overlay?
The lower grille is an overlay. It is the carriage works overlay grille. Picked it up at autoanything for 82 bucks delivered...

http://www.autoanything.com/billet-grilles/61A1728A0A0A2195009.aspx

I covered the honeycomb in the lower stock grille with a couple of plastic panels, then sprayed them flat black, and installed the overlay....

Mike

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RCSignals said:
I wonder if you could add panels behind the grille in the corners, mimicking what Ford did with the stock grille, to reduce that effect?
Yeah, it's definitely a possibility. I checked the hood latch today, and the front latch is rock solid. The fluttering is the rear of the hood, left to right...I wonder if someone makes an under hood, or hidden security type cable scenario. I may need to improvise with some extra lanyards and such that I have....just to be safe.....

Thx,
Mike

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
RCSignals said:
Maybe just head down to the homestore and pickup some flat stock. Aluminum or plastic panel pieces. Who knows, there might even be something in black...get some fasteners, cut to fit and you would be in business! :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GOT OATZ said:
Yeah, it's definitely a possibility. I checked the hood latch today, and the front latch is rock solid. The fluttering is the rear of the hood, left to right...I wonder if someone makes an under hood, or hidden security type cable scenario. I may need to improvise with some extra lanyards and such that I have....just to be safe.....

Thx,
Mike
So I started pondering this, and went in, grabbed one of the extra hood pin lanyards I had. Also had a pair of stainless steel open links, the kind that have the screw together connection on the link.

I hooked one of the open links thru the hole in the bracket right behind the black radiator cover, (the silver radiator bracket) and looped the other end around the hood latch bracket on the hood. It allows the hood to open about a foot or so, no more. Enough to undo the open link when opening the hood, but it would definitely stop the hood from peeling open, should it let go.....

Mike-Gyver

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Looks GREAT!

I feel inspired to do similar! Watch out! ;)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.