Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't smoke but i was looking for the cigarett lighter in my BULLITT. I see the you can remove the 12v plug and use a push in lighter. BUT i don't see an ASHTRAY??

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey guys
I have a lighter on the dash buy the shifter and an ashtray infront of thr cup holder. Don't all Bullitts have this? Not that ill use it I would kill anyone using my lighter or ashtray

Blk BULLITT #2754
Jim

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
weird jj, you are the only one that i know of!!
Ford keeps having these production "farts" that i don't understand. differnet C-pillars, different rocker panels, etc!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Maybe the plant didn't have any standard consoles left on the rack when the Bullitt came by, so they grabbed the smoking option console.

It's too bad they didn't run all of the Bullitts at through at once. They could have dedicated a weeks production to nothing but Bullitts and been done with them. The schedulers could have made sure that the racks were full of Bullitt parts instead of running a V6 then Cobra, then Premium GT, Bullitt, V6, base GT, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-07-09 16:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't think it's an "option" is it? I thought you could just tell your dealer you want a smoker's pack. Isn't the ashtray just a thing that sits in the front cupholder?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yes, ashtray fits right in the hole already there. just odd that one came from the factory that way
hmm, maybe it's like a game and every 50 or 100 cars they do something non-standard to and see if we catch it.
if it's a game,...it's not funny!
do the guys responsible for final inspection at the end of production line, get "BAD marks" if they request something gets "put aside" and fixed properly? does Ford reprimand them for finding too many mistakes? does Ford want them to pass everything on to the dealer?

just curious, how about an answer FORD people?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Mustang Monthly will need to do factory freaks article on all the bullitt screw ups like they do with Bosses and Mach1's. But I've never heard of so many freaks as our Bullitts have had on just one line of mustangs.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Boooooooo... JK.. :wink:
Anyhow.. You should be able to purchase the "Smokers Package" from any Ford dealership. It's a $15 option on almost every Ford car now and it consists of.. Are you ready? A lighter to pu in the outlet and a little flip top ashtray that fits into a cupholder. One size fits all.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No smoking in the car.
No talking on cell phones in the car.
What's next, a law against necking in the backseat!
Man, give me some of the good old days back.
Hey, Nasty - I'm not booing. I'm a cigar smoker (just not in my car). I even had an exhaust fan put in the ceiling of my den so I can smoke in the house when it's cold outside. Gotta do what you gotta do.
I got a zippo (sentimental me) but it is a pain in the ass to keep the lighter fluid in it. Gotta stick with the classics though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I thought you truckers occupied yourselves trying to look down the shirts of unsuspecting female drivers. That is the only reason we keep making the trucks so tall!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Everyone kept calling me crazy when I complained about not having an ashtray in my car. It is nice to see that others have noticed also.
It is crazy to see how times have changed. My cousin has a 77 thunderbird and it has at least 2 ashtrays for every seat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts