Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1-2 shift is a little rough when getting on it. Do any of you long-time stickshift drivers have any tricks for smoothing out the 1-2 shift?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Just welcome to the wonderful world of FORD/Tremec transmissions. I know not much help, but there is a lot of info around here just look for it.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, I know to practice, guys. I've been driving sticks for years. I just didn't know if you maybe revved it a little bit between shifts or something like that. I've found that if I let my foot off of the gas slower than pushing in on the clutch, it revs just enough for a smooth 1-2 shift and the let off provides a nice feel.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 1-2 shifts when "getting on it" are accompanied by severe tire squeal and the rear end kicking sideways a bit. I like it rough, so I don't mind.:tongue: :dhg08:

I've noticed on other cars I've owned that full throttle shifts at the torque peak are smoother, not sure why. As I am far too lazy right now to advise what RPM that is, you will have to check it out if you care to. Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
shifting

I have found palming the shift knob and applying steady pressure in the direction of the shift works best and allows for smooth shifts. Trying to shift too quickly to the point of forcing it seems to actually slow down the shift.

·
Registered
371 Posts
NoCal Tom said:
My 1-2 shifts when "getting on it" are accompanied by severe tire squeal and the rear end kicking sideways a bit. I like it rough, so I don't mind.:tongue: :dhg08:

I've noticed on other cars I've owned that full throttle shifts at the torque peak are smoother, not sure why. As I am far too lazy right now to advise what RPM that is, you will have to check it out if you care to. Good luck!

Be careful or you will get a ticket for exhibition of acceleration like me...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts