Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a 2004 Roush with a 5.4L transplant, not sure how many have seen this done.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
got more info on this intake setup and/or anything else?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More info as requested-

What intake and how?
"The intake wasn't that bad to do at all. we just fabricated a spacer pretty much to fit the lightning lower, so the upper bolts right on to the lower."

Install and weight?
"It sits about 2 inches higher than the 4.6 so I got a tubular cross member and hacked 2 inches out of it so the whole motor sits 2 inches lower but sits stock height on top. I think the 5.4 weight is 50-100 lbs more, but for the hp/tq difference is well worth it. 340/340 to the wheel's. torque peaks at 2300 rpm and doesn't drop till 5500 rpm."

·
Registered
672 Posts
cool idea, but i still make 400 to the wheels n/a with a all alum motor.. could not add the weight of that block. would have to do it in a ford gt block

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bullitt3350 said:
cool idea, but i still make 400 to the wheels n/a with a all alum motor.. could not add the weight of that block. would have to do it in a ford gt block
I here ya............

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ford Fan- make those plates and I believe you could sell quite a few of them. It has to flow better than the adapter plates for the 4.6 intake.

·
Registered
672 Posts
why would you want to do that intake? it has no runners inside it... i would just to a sulivan

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SteeleBullitt said:
Hey FordFan...were are you from? That Roush is a buddy of mines car...just wondering if you're in this area.
I'm from Washington State, just cruising thru the Roush forum (since we own one of those to) and found your buddies post, thought others would enjoy seeing a 5.4L conversion here. I hadn't seen anyone else do it, looks very clean.

·
Registered
80 Posts
His car is pretty sweet! Your cars are beautiful! What a small world...wasn't expecting to see a car that I knew on here, unless it was mine...LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts