Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With these Santa Ana winds blowing smoke, its like go out and you're next to a campfire....The winds were blowing so hard out in the Inland Empire we saw seven big rigs on the sides in a half mile radius...This was at the Intestate 15 and Hwy 210 yesterday afternoon...Winds aren't suppose to die down until Wedesnday...YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Be careful out there, I`ve been following the events online and on CNN last night. I have friends in the Orange area and Yorba Linda and they are affected by winds, smoke and fire.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the Orange County fire, they said they had three origin arson sites that started that fire!!!!THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Don't know about the others here...The one in the Inland Empire near the Interstate 15 and Hwy 215(Devore) was started by a car fire...

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
October 22, 2007

Fire activity significantly increased in southern California over the weekend. Strong Santa Ana winds have challenged firefighters as they battle 11 large fires that have currently burned more than 90,000 acres. Evacuations are in effect for several communities throughout southern California.

Weather Discussion: The Santa Ana winds are expected through Tuesday, then should diminished by Wednesday. By the end of the week, southern California should have favorable weather conditions, with higher relative humidity and cooler temperatures.

Source: National Interagency Coordination Center

National Interagency Fire Center

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I don't know how you guys deal with it year after year. It's like "okay, will I lose my house to a fire or mudslide this year."

Bummer.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
If you live in Malibu you can also loose it to the ocean........we have choices.

I just watched a modified DC10 (on the local news) fly in VERY low and slow and drop a HUGE load of retardent on Lake Arrowhead. I gotta say all of the fire bombers, both fixed wing and helecopters are flown by pilots with bigger balls than I will ever have. They are incredible. They are going into huge clouds of smoke with no visability and dropping water and retardent into areas where firefighters can`t. Amazing.

·
Registered
967 Posts
palmdale has some serious wind stuff going on too. last week there was a pile up in rosemond (neighbors palmdale) and the freeway was closed for a while. there was so much dust on the road you couldn't see 10 ft. in front of you and a major pile up happened and it killed a few people. something happened again today but i dont know what.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Bullitt,aka David: You forgot also "EARTHQUAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Pronkie1 said:
Big Bullitt,aka David: You forgot also "EARTHQUAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!"
You're right! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts