Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so the queen mary car show is just over a week away. I thought it might be interesting to see what people do to clean/prep their car before the car show and when you get there. so lets hear what your plans are to wash and wax or whatever before your trip down and what you plan to do when you get parked to clean your car.

ill go first. this weekend im going to get rid of some road rash on one of my wheels. then the day before the show I am going to wash my car good, clay bar my car, then use mothers Ultimate wax system (the three step system) plus vacuum the inside, clean the windows and all that good stuff. not too sure what i will do on the day of the show other than use a quick detailer and clean the windows. I have not used mothers ultimate wax system before and thought it looked good so im excited to see how that turns out.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
DHG #1078 said:
ok so the queen mary car show is just over a week away. I thought it might be interesting to see what people do to clean/prep their car before the car show and when you get there. so lets hear what your plans are to wash and wax or whatever before your trip down and what you plan to do when you get parked to clean your car.

ill go first. this weekend im going to get rid of some road rash on one of my wheels. then the day before the show I am going to wash my car good, clay bar my car, then use mothers Ultimate wax system (the three step system) plus vacuum the inside, clean the windows and all that good stuff. not too sure what i will do on the day of the show other than use a quick detailer and clean the windows. I have not used mothers ultimate wax system before and thought it looked good so im excited to see how that turns out.
Have a Great time at the Car Show.........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
656 Posts
Won't be going to the show but I've been using the Mothers Ultimate wax system on all my vehicles for a few years now. I think it works great. I use it twice a year on my F150(daily driver)and once a year on the Bullitt. Then after every wash I use Mothers detail spray and every 2 months use Mothers polish. I would use a good dish soap (Dawn) for the initial wash to remove all wax, oils, etc that have built up then go with the 3 step system. I think you will enjoy the results.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Had the B pretty clean for the Grand National. But it could use a good polishing again. Just noticed some paint flaking off the drivers side little flap behind the wheel. Probably need to take it in to get touched up.

We'll be driving 700 miles and I have no idea where a car wash is near the show. So I have no idea what we'll be doing when we get there. Maybe just my water squirt bottle followed by detail spray.

J.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
DHG #1078 said:

I pressure spray the wheel wells and the underside. Then pressure spray the engine compartment with cleaner and high gloss rubber sealer, vacuum, wash, wax, detail brush, windows, then put back under the car cover in the garage.

Then I say two things. I am not ever doing this again, and then I say a little prayer that it does not rain the weekend of the show.

Casey
DCLmustang

1 - 5 of 5 Posts