Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if the US has got family pricing being offered. But in Canada we do. You can now buy a Bullitt for 32k, that's 10k off of mrsp here in Canada.
Someone posted that a US dealer was selling Bullitt's for around 27k.

So much for resale value. My car is probably now worth 26kCAN, and you folks south of the border are probably looking at 22k for your Bullitt's.
Ford screwed us again.

That 09 Challenger RT is looking better every day!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Whammer said:
I'm not sure if the US has got family pricing being offered. But in Canada we do. You can now buy a Bullitt for 32k, that's 10k off of mrsp here in Canada.

So much for resale value. My car is probably now worth 26kCAN, and you folks south of the border are probably looking at 22k for your Bullitt's.
Ford screwed us again.
Hmmm...could be. But let's wait and see. This could just be a result of the current poor economy where no one is buying and they're trying to attract more buyers. They can only go so low and at some point the American consumer is going to be tapped out, at least until the economy rebounds, which it always does. Then prices will quickly go back up again. I'll wait and see but still enjoy my Bullitt in the meantime.:smile:

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
ford has family pricing every summer.they did it last year as well to clear out cars to make room for the next years cars

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know cars never really go up in value- unless they become classics in 20+ years.
But it does rub me the wrong way that Ford burned all of us early buyers.
It just makes that Challenger call to me even more!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Whammer said:

Ford screwed us again.

Few V8-powered cars are going to hold their value in the face of current gasoline prices. Thank the oil futures speculators for that... not Ford!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Whammer said:

Ford screwed us again.

RE: 10k loss? Maybe, maybe not. But let's say it is.

1. half of that happens when you drive any new car off the lot.

2. that ain't nuthin'... you should see my IRA's. :eek:

3. What makes you think the Challenger's fate will be any different 3/4 a year after its release (assuming the economy and gas prices are as dismal then as they are now). Plus you'll never get the Challenger's fuel surcharge back. And the higher cost of insurance and gasoline has to be considered also if you are actually wanting to make a financial comparison vs what seems to be an emotionally charged one.

However, the only way you realize that alleged 'paper loss' is if you sell. I still own my shares in my IRA's, I'm still receiving some dividends, and I just have to ride this bad bear out. Likewise, I still own my Bullitt that I have extreme pride in and receive extreme enjoyment from. Man those are some serious personal dividends. I knew it was not an investment but I hoped it would not depreciate as rapidly as most new cars, and I think that is still the actual case. Heck with as many worldwide storms that are blaring right now (economic, political, blah blah), I am so very happy to feel the thrill of my 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt. :smile:
And I am glad I ordered my own from the factory and that I did so early so as to have a low VN out of 7700 :exclaim:

Good luck on your investment with Chrysler. :wink:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cisco said:
In bad times own good cars. You think you paid xtra for yours? Try a Challenger
I can get an 09 Challenger RT with trac pack for the same amount that my Bullitt listed for.
For that price I'll have IRS, heated seats, no antenna, 375hp, 404 torque, 20" wheels and 3.92 rear end.
Much more value than the Bullitt offered.
The dealer is all set to order it for me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Can't blame FOMOCO that the market tanked.
Even at MSRP, I think the '08-'09 Bullitt is a great package at a very reasonable price. However, if they aren't selling, at MSRP, FOMOCO and dealers have to discount them.

Reactions: B-Man

·
Registered
282 Posts
Whammer said:
I can get an 09 Challenger RT with trac pack for the same amount that my Bullitt listed for.
For that price I'll have IRS, heated seats, no antenna, 375hp, 404 torque, 20" wheels and 3.92 rear end.
Much more value than the Bullitt offered.
The dealer is all set to order it for me.
I did not think the Challenger was available in Canada until next year, or was it just not available in a manual until next year.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Why are the Canadian Mustangs going for so much more? A quick check of the currency extchange shows:

1.00 USD = 1.00620 CAD

Why the huge increases in price?

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
all you have to do is look at the resale of the 01 Bullitts and you will see what the market thinks about these cars and their resale value. Maybe in 30 years with a pristine example at the Barrett-Jackson, other than that, mod it, drive it and enjoy it 'cause no one else but us Bullittheads really cares.

Reactions: B-Man

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
How did Ford screw you? Early buyers almost always pay a premium. Fact of life and not just Fords. Buy any new car and try to sell it after a few months and you're going to take a hit. Not just Ford. The oil situation has magnified the hit to an even greater degree.

I bought mine early in the cycle using X plan and I missed the rebates and any other future discounts. That was the price of buying early. I also knew going in I better be making the right decision for me because I would be "stuck" with the car for a while if I was wrong with my choice.

If you like the Challenger better and would rather own it then you need to decide if its worth the financial hit.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm calling a whaaambulance! :)

Then I'm going to chase after it in my bullitt which I love oh so much and couldn't care less about the value.

As others have pointed out, if you bought ANY new car recently as an investment, and expect it to hold its value in the next couple of (probably more like four) decades, that was mistake number one.

Just go have some fun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did a quick comparison of the Canadian and US prices, and it looks as though they have dropped the Canadian pricing inline with the vehicle prices. It all falls under "special pricing" and "rebates". I guess it had to happen eventually, considering the Canadian dollar is at par with the US dollar. I'm sure the high oil plays in there too... all the big engine vehicles are going for a steal. What can you do? I still love my Bullitt.

·
Registered
969 Posts
i don't feel like i got screwed by ford. i knew well what i was doing when i bought my new bullitt. i knew well that the car started depreciating by thousands of dollars the moment i signed the papers-before i even drove it off the lot. the way i view the purchase of my bullitt is that i got exactly what i chose for a better price than i had planned on. i am grateful to ford for manufacturing this car for me because i have a frickin blast every time i get in it. and soemwhere deep inside i know that henry ford started ford motor company so i could be driving my bullitt today. can i get an "amen!"

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Easystreet said:
Why are the Canadian Mustangs going for so much more? A quick check of the currency extchange shows:

1.00 USD = 1.00620 CAD

Why the huge increases in price?
That is a good point. The looney has been pretty much at par with the dollar since the Bullitt's release. Why the upcharge for Canada Bullitt's since day one as commented on by Canadian Bullitthead's? Was it Ford or was it Canada? Is there some kind of import duty? You mean NAFTA screwed somebody else besides American workers?

ooops that slipped out :redface:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Feeling bad about your " automotive investment " ?

Wonder how the guy feels who paid high water prices at the 2006 Barett- Jackson Collector Car Aution ?

Back in the day ( 60s and early 70s ) , we never gave it a second thought. The muscle cars dropped in value the same amount , if not more than run of the mill vehicles. And when the Oil Embargo hit in 1974, you couldn't give 'em away. I recall the day I took delivery of my new 74 Honda CB 750 Four- the salesman pointed to a 1969 427 Corvette Coupe he just took in on trade for a bike and the buyer had to pony up cash.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
OK.The Bullitt would trade in at 22K.You could have bought one like mine at 32K.That's 10k in the crapper if that is how you look at it.Now,The GT500 of mine listed at 44.5K,What I paid,MSRP.Guess what it trades for now.About 32-34K.That's 10-12K in the crapper also.IF,That is how you look at it.As for the Challenger,Today it will cost you 50K or so for an 08'.09'Might be cheaper but can you wait and see what they will be worth.How about when the Camaro comes out?Trust me when I tell you that even at 30 or so grand,The Bullitt is a BETTER CAR.All cars are about worthless right now,E-C-O-N-O-M-Y!.The Bullitt get 25+ on the highway and high teens on the city ride.What the heck do you want with 300+ hp?!Go buy a Challenger and you will be crying that Dodge screwed you next year.I realize you are ranting.You have a good car.If you want a Challenger deal buy a used one next year and save big$$$$$$$.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts