Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a guy at my work randomly come up to me and ask me if I wanted to buy a Magnaflow exhaust. Seems one of his friends was owed some money and the payment was in this exhaust system. Since I'm the only guy around with a Mustang I got asked. It's supposed to be brand new. I think it's the louder one (with magnapacks?). He's asking $350 but I haven't tried to negotiate.

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) Is it worth it?
2) What will it sound like? (Car is stock performance wise). Will it be much louder?
3) Is it easy to remove the stock exhaust without permanently damaging it?

Sorry if these are common questions. I'm a little out of the loop. I haven't been following mustangs for the last couple of years.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
WERM said:
I had a guy at my work randomly come up to me and ask me if I wanted to buy a Magnaflow exhaust. Seems one of his friends was owed some money and the payment was in this exhaust system. Since I'm the only guy around with a Mustang I got asked. It's supposed to be brand new. I think it's the louder one (with magnapacks?). He's asking $350 but I haven't tried to negotiate.

Anyway, here are my questions:

1) Is it worth it?
2) What will it sound like? (Car is stock performance wise). Will it be much louder?
3) Is it easy to remove the stock exhaust without permanently damaging it?

Sorry if these are common questions. I'm a little out of the loop. I haven't been following mustangs for the last couple of years.
1) It is probably worth it if it is the entire catback, especially if it is new.
2) If it is the MagnaPACK it will be MUCH louder and will have a drone. But it will sound great!!! Do you have an aftermarket midpipe already?
3) It is a bit complicated to remove it without cutting unless you have access to a lift. I just cut mine where it could be easily rewelded.

·
Registered
146 Posts
5111 said:
1) It is probably worth it if it is the entire catback, especially if it is new.
2) If it is the MagnaPACK it will be MUCH louder and will have a drone. But it will sound great!!! Do you have an aftermarket midpipe already?
3) It is a bit complicated to remove it without cutting unless you have access to a lift. I just cut mine where it could be easily rewelded.
I agree with all the above.

I have the magnaflow with mufflers (not magnapacks). I loved the sound, especially when the nitrous hit. Everyone commented on how good it sounded. It wasn't loud and absolutely no drone.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I also agree with the above. I have the Magnapacks (along with a Bassani X-pipe). It can be very loud at times, especially under full-throttle, but I love every minute of it. If you don't get a new midpipe, I can't imagine the sound will be too loud at all.

-Tim

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I talked him down to $300 so I thought "how could I say no?" Now I just have to figure out how to get the old exhaust out without destroying it.

I figured there's no way that it could be so loud as to get annoying since I drive the car so rarely these days. It will probably make it more of a treat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts