1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going?

What day?

Shall we try a Bullitt group?

Is the final word still ... no Bullitt at the show?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
There is a Bullitt at the show. In fact, when Channel 4 did a 1/2 hour program on the auto show, late last week, they led off the program with the Bullitt. They ended up spending at least 3 minutes on the car, including clips from the movie. The talking heads raved about it. The feature was actually well done.
I'm going at least once, however, it will be work related and during one of the week days.
Stay away from the show on MLK day, it will be very crowded.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Not going.

There is no '08 Bullitt at the NAIAS. If it's not GREEN or a future model, it won't be at the show. I do believe there is one Shelby GT500KR there.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Check out the video below at the 53 second mark. There is over 3 minutes of video coverage of the '08 Bullitt while it's on a turntable. Based on this video and the auto show feature I saw on WDIV Channel 4 last Friday night, I'm pretty confident Ford has an '08 Bullitt on display at the '08 NAIAS. Unfortunately, this year I was not able to go to the supplier reviews this week to verify what's actually on display.
Overall this looks like a pretty decent video of the show as it is over 55 minutes long.

http://michiganliveevents.com/streamnaias.html

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Ron Pratte

Rick, saw your Post on the Hemmings Blog on Ron Pratte. So you are only going to wear a terry cloth Bath Robe to view his Cars?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
Not going.

There is no '08 Bullitt at the NAIAS. If it's not GREEN or a future model, it won't be at the show. I do believe there is one Shelby GT500KR there.
Bill....don't tell me that you are STILL in denial about this whole 2008 Bullitt thing.

It exists, I assure you.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bullitt 40 said:
Rick, saw your Post on the Hemmings Blog on Ron Pratte. So you are only going to wear a terry cloth Bath Robe to view his Cars?
HA!! You saw that!

YES, I would strip naked and put on a robe with fuzzy slippers to walk through Ron Pratte's private museum. And pay big money too. REALLY!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
That guy is amazing...appears tobe a Ford guy too.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well, I went to NAIAS today and the Bullitt IS THERE!

I think this is one of the Pilot Production models. The VIN is 1ZVHT82785 123818.

The car was up on a rotating stage and could not be approached for a close look.

I was there with a big camera and struck up a long conversation with Tom, the presenter on the Bullitt stage. Between presentations he talked with everyone about the Bullitt. Tom is a real car guy and owns a 73 Mach, if I recall correctly.

I gave him more info about the 08 and a lot more about the 01 and IMBOC. He will be visiting IMBOC to see what we are all about here.

HI TOM! It was a great day at NAIAS!

Funny thing about the NAIAS Bullitt. Tom allowed me to come up on the stage to photograph the engine bay and this Bullitt had the wrong shock tower brace. It was Ford racing, not Bullitt. There was no info about this change. I suppose it does not matter because the public can not get a good look at the engine bay (especially the top of the shock tower) even when the hood is open.

I arrived at NAIAS at about 9:30 am and stayed till almost 4 pm.

Saw Jay Leno's Corvette.
Saw an orangish- yellow Camaro (not the Transformer movie color).
Saw the ZR1,
But no Challenger.

Fabulous show, lots of photos, may go back again.

Thanks again, Tom, I enjoyed talking with you!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yes, in my humble Bullitthead opinion, the new Bullitt is the best-looking S197 Mustang ever!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Greg,
It was NOT a Bullitt shock tower brace. It was stamped with Ford Racing but was certainly NOT a Bullitt shock tower brace. No VIN, No Bullitt number, no Bullitt reference at all. I can post a photo if you like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts