Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The F.A.S.T. boys were at it again... Now this is a factory correct appearing muscle car,with the skinny,Coker repop tires,bias-ply G-70-15's,factory exhuast manifolds,2 1/2 inch exhaust to the bumper,factory type intake setups,including the OEM type carb,but unlimited cubic inch engine size,stock type block and heads,no aluminum heads,unless OEM,no restriction on cam profile,must sound somewhat stock,at idle....
Dave Dudek's '69 Hemi Roadrunner,set another record....10.53 @ 134.9 MPH, with a 1.66 60 ft.on those little G-70's, with an automatic trans!!! The L-88 Vette was runner up with 10.60's!!!!!
Check it out at www.fastraces.org
And the weekend after the NHRA Nats,here in Va.,VMP,they will all be running here!!!

Let's throw some of those tires on a well tuned 2008 GT-500, and see what happens!

Click on their Message Forums,under EVENTS for the results.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Just A thought! They may have to use like- G-70's, but do the Repop. tires have A softer rubber compound than orig. DOT's that would help those ET's?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep,they are softer than a regular street radial,but not as soft as a drag radial,or street slick.
It's amazing that they even hook up in 3rd gear! They are using some form of a ignition related traction control,like maybe MSD,which kills some timing in first gear.

·
Premium Member
12,041 Posts
That does look like it would be a blast however.....

`You see, F.A.S.T. cars may look and sound stock, but internal engine modifications are not restricted.``

So you`re not really racing stock as built in the 60`s. Just like in any Heads Up racing the dude with the biggest budget will ususally win.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kaylan1521 said:
Back on the GT500's again Larry? :rotfl:
No,I'm not kicking the GT-500,I would have one,if I could!
I think the time is right for a different type of drag racing for all the Mustangs 1979-2009. A F.A.S.T. type class,where everything has to look stock,and run on the maximum size OEM type tire the cars where offered with. Internal engine mods OK. It would be a very fun way to race a Late Model Mustang!
Also,in FAST,they do not weigh the cars. You can be as light as you want,just has to look stock,with full interior. Note,that when Dave ran that 10.53,he ADDED 400 lbs in the trunk! Most of the guys that run aren't super rich,just hard working blue collar types. I think Dave is a fork truck mechanic for Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Damn I'd love to go see one of their events!

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
That would be fun. It would make for great photo ops as well.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Mus408 said:
Yep,they are softer than a regular street radial,but not as soft as a drag radial,or street slick.
It's amazing that they even hook up in 3rd gear! They are using some form of a ignition related traction control,like maybe MSD,which kills some timing in first gear.
Thats TRICK! (MSD) Cool- A mix of old/and new to GO FAST! I'd like to see them also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.