Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fresh idea,from Corner Machine & Speed, that's me.... Well when you listen to your stereo,you do have the Balance control,left and right speakers,which carry the Bass and Trebel tones,set mostly to the mid range...a blend of both channels,correct?
Well, why not your exhaust sound!
What I have is a muffler,on the left side, which is rich in those thuderous bass tones...MAC Flowpath,and on the right, a muffler which is tuned more for the mid range and high frequency sounds....the Pypes Violator. Both are good flowing mufflers,with the Violator flowing a little more than the MAC.
The resulting sound is a nice well balanced blend of muscle car sound,not over bearing in either tone, but is loud when you put your foot in it.
Further tuning can be done with my short, slip-in resonators,which hardly restrict flow,but can be used to soften the sound from either or both sides!!
Totally Tuned!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
itsabullitt said:
Do you have a way to post a sound clip? I'm interested to hear this setup. Cool idea![/QUO

I'll try and do something on youtube at some point.

Yeah, it is something a bit different!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another thing I would like to do... make a tunable restrictor for the X-pipe,to adjust the crossover port to smaller size,for exhaust sound differences. Somewhat like Ford did on the '08 Bullitt H-pipe.
I have such a mod on my 85 LX,and you wouldn't believe the difference in sound it makes when closing off the crossover. Now for best performance,at the track,you open up the crossover of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts