Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New chin spoiler, new bullet lug nuts, refurbished 3rd brake light, tinted windows, and black mustang bumber inserts. Oh, and added the K&N filter, too.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Those mods look real cool. I bought the same lug nuts and front spoiler for mine just haven't put them on yet. I thought about the letters but haven't decided (I wish I could find them in brushed stainless type instead of chrome). My third brake light is kind of warped and I need to get a new one. Nice touch to your car.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can fix the 3rd light in about two hours, including taking it off and putting it back on. I used 400 grit sandpaper (wet) about 5 or 6 times, then the 2000 grit about 4 or 5 times, then Meguiars Plastix (sp?) plastic polish -- like new.

But, if it is warped, not much help I don't think.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Thanks for the info. on refinishing.

Mine has a dip (i.e. a warp) in it and I just need to get a new lens.

As for the lug nuts and front spoiler I think I got them off a combination of E-bay, Blue Oval Industries, and MGW web sites (I just cant remember what I got from which place).

I've also run across a seller on E-bay that sells real good trip-bar spinners for the wheels but I need to get in touch with him.

I hope that helps you out.

(txwebdesign.com)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my bullet lugs at american muscle, 25 bucks -- and you can get them locking also-- I think they look great on the car.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
NCSt8man1999 said:
Block sanding it will take care of that. I had to take the factory coating completely off, which made it pretty much wave-free.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i like the chin spoiler now all u need is the grill delete trus me it looks good. i have both. What do u guys think of putting one of those little cobra spoilers on a bulitt? would it ruin it? i also want the hood but thats more money than i have right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
NCSt8man1999 said:
New chin spoiler, new bullet lug nuts, refurbished 3rd brake light, tinted windows, and black mustang bumber inserts. Oh, and added the K&N filter, too.

How did you refurbish the 3rd brake light, mine is pretty beat up, it was like that when i got it

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NCSt8man1999 said:
You can fix the 3rd light in about two hours, including taking it off and putting it back on. I used 400 grit sandpaper (wet) about 5 or 6 times, then the 2000 grit about 4 or 5 times, then Meguiars Plastix (sp?) plastic polish -- like new.

Just this simple -- Trust me, if I can do it, anybody can. Two bolts to remove the light (along with unplugging the electrical wire on the left). Start with 400 grit wet, then when all the bad stuff is knocked off, use the 2000 grit wet until it is smooth and you can't see any damage. Polish brings it back smooth. Reinstall.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i had the same problem with my 3rd brakelight and headlights. My dad had the third brakelight painted over on the top, it looks real smooth. New headlights came in today.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Wow,that turned out really well.Why do they do that anyways?I've been spoilerlesss on my '03 GT Sine the first year i bought her,and it hasn't done that at all!!!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I said it before, I'll say it again...those lug nuts rust. I had two sets and both of them rusted in the grooves and looked lousy in about a year. The first set I sent back to the seller for a replacement. The second set ended up in the trash. I suggest coating them with something before exposing them to the elements.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
5111 (Dee) has those lugs and also the Bullet center cap. No rust. Then again, he may have coated his with a clear coat?

How about it Dee? Did you do anything to your lug nuts to save them from the elements? And where did you get your center cap?

·
Registered
423 Posts
i like how the third brake light came out. it looks better than mine

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tint is 35% -- darkest legal in NC -- I think the wear on the light is from UV rays?? Stays in the garage now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts