Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track on Sunday. It was hot and extremely humid.

My first run I spun coming out of the hole and cut a 14.48 @ 99.58.

I tried to come out easier on my second run and BOGGED big time. 14.542 @ 100.33

I didn't feel too bad as all the LS1s were in the 14s. I know I can get it down to the 13s as my driving sucked. I didn't check the tire pressure or remove the spare and jack.

I didn't buy the car to dragrace, but I just had to see what she would do.

·
Registered
393 Posts
good job Black! 100.3 is plenty to break into the 13's. I bet your 60fts were like 2.3's, huh? Bring those down to 2.1 or less, and you're there!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JB. Actually my 14.48 run had a 60ft time of 2.169. I think I may have let off early on that run :smile:

I haven't raced at the drags for almost 10 years.

My last race car was a big block *gasp* chevelle with an automatic. I found out it's much harder to launch a stick car with street tires!

I will go back and try a few things.
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-09 23:17, JB VOBRA wrote:
good job Black! 100.3 is plenty to break into the 13's. I bet your 60fts were like 2.3's, huh? Bring those down to 2.1 or less, and you're there!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I crossed the finish line in 3rd gear at about 5800 rpm. This car needs a gear. Bad.

I have never heard my Bullit ping. I always run premium.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-10 20:22, Mus408 wrote:
Black Bullitt,what RPM did you shift to 4th gear? Did you notice any pinging in any gears,especially 3rd gear.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts