Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
On the one hand I have to say the cars pretty awesome, but on the other hand, why do you feel the need to race on the street? Are there no tracks avaliable?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have to agree. I am all about high performance machines, and I think most of those vehicles would be a blast to drive UNDER THE CONTROLED CONDITIONS OF A RACE TRACK WHERE INOCENT PEOPLE DON'T GET KILLED!

·
Registered
212 Posts
In my opinion, it all depends where you street race. I dont see the big deal if you do a couple of pulls on a road when there is no one around. Where INOCENT people get killed is when racers start to weave in and out of traffic or in populated areas, or when alcohol is involved. But really, if there is on open stretch of highway, why not? Its all in common sence.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I personally love your Bullitt, after seeing what it did to the Cobra :p. I'm sure most people here street race too, just go to Bullitt Tales and you'll see. Anyway, nice car, keep it up! Also, just as hockeyplayerhere stated, what happened to your other T? lol

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
builtbullitt said:
Seen a couple of the videos ... LOTS OF FUN ... THE WAY IT SHOULD BE ... :~))

As for street racing; as long as you're careful not to get HURT OR CAUGHT (LOL) then it is absolutely one of the most AMERICAN things you can do !!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
chris1984 said:
In my opinion, it all depends where you street race. I dont see the big deal if you do a couple of pulls on a road when there is no one around. Where INOCENT people get killed is when racers start to weave in and out of traffic or in populated areas, or when alcohol is involved. But really, if there is on open stretch of highway, why not? Its all in common sence.
Yes, but common sense would be not to street race. The roads are not made for high speed racing. The tracks are preped and made for it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lot's of opinion on street racing here...all stupid. Tell us all how 'sensible' it is when your in the hospital or you 'thought it was safe and didn't see the other car or person'. All things come around...eventually...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Cool vids!:wink:
As for street racing,come to Ontario here in Canada.If a driver is caught going 50 kilometres over the speed limit, police have the power to impound the vehicle for seven days, issue a minimum $2,000 fine and suspend your driver's licence for seven days. :confused:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
1LOW03GT said:
As for street racing,come to Ontario here in Canada.If a driver is caught going 50 kilometres over the speed limit, police have the power to impound the vehicle for seven days, issue a minimum $2,000 fine and suspend your driver's licence for seven days. :confused:
If your caught street racing or even at an illegal event they impound your car and suspend your lisence. It doesn't matter how fast your going, as long as your caught in the act.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What do you consider illegal? I go to a race meet every now and then, and there's always cops, but they never pull anybody over until they do something stupid, such as burning out in a parking lot. There's nothing wrong with people gathering at a place, it's just a meet. Now if the shopping center's owner started complaining, then there'd be problems.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Race Meet / Car Meet

I don't know how anyone can consider a race meet/car meet illegal at all. Folks just getting together and meeting somewhere should be no problem at all. This is just common socializing if you ask me. Nothing wrong with folks in a community getting together to spend their time-off with each other.

No, cops usually don't give folks a hard time unless they act like fools and do something dangerous like burnouts in a parking lot with lots of other people and cars around ... THAT is just common sense. Some business owners might complain but usually here they don't because a large crowd of people usually brings in a lot of business when they gather, especially at restaurants and fast-food places.

Ideally car racing should be limited to the strip but we all know how we actually got started racing anyway ... (ROFLMAO) ... and we know it is always going to be done.

If folks race on the street but do so in a place where nobody else is put in danger and nobody gets hurt then I think it is acceptable (although still illegal).

While you shouldn't encourage folks to break the law, I can say that when it comes to the youth of North America I would much rather see kids racing on some lone empty stretch of road somehwere and enjoying themselves as opposed to hiding somewhere and cooking METH or dealing drugs and doing drive-by shootings in gangs.

I just hope if folks do "race in the streets" they do it in a manner that nobody gets hurt or in trouble that will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Most of the fatalities are caused by 16-22 year olds with too much car and not near enough experience on the road. Common sense enters into it as well. At 80-90 miles an hour things happen way too fast.

Here is the problem with the deserted stretch of road. There are still two cars involved with normally more than just a driver in each car. What happens if a tire blows, dog runs out in front of the car etc, and there is an accident.

As a parent how would you feel if your child caused this accident or worse still was killed in this type of accident . Even if it's just two cars there are serious issues.

Pay the 20 bucks at the local track for T and T and race under controlled conditions.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
1LOW03GT said:
If your caught street racing or even at an illegal event they impound your car and suspend your lisence. It doesn't matter how fast your going, as long as your caught in the act.
I also forgot to mention you get an automatic "street racing" indecation on your record even if you are by yourself going 50 over in your mini van along with the above of what i already posted.
I know most laws are the same accross the board for street racing,but Ontario has gone further and passed a new law rescently that any form of speeding is considered "street racing" when going 50 kilometers over the posted limit. We shouldn't be speeding in any forms of driving style...like street racing or just plain speeding anyways,it's just stupid in today's world.We have more traffic,and more padestrians then there ever was back in the day.
Basically it's being smart,and responsible,go to the track,spend the 20 odd bucks,and have legal fun.:cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's funny how some of you try to change up the subject (car MEET) or justify street racing starting with the word "IF". There's no logic behind it. Car meets and street racing are comparing apples to oranges. Just not the same thing. Having cops ALLOW you to do your street racing is...well, it just ain't going to happen. That is called kaos. Imagine cops comprimising the safety of others to allow something like this! Face it guys and gals, street racing may have been a perceived teenage right but that idea is just that...perceived. Spend the money on going to the track and the safety features that are built in or spend the money on the huge fine you may get, the life you lose...or take and the loss of the very thing the peaks your interest...your ride. Teenage or young adult logic is the practice of illogic on many occasions. Street racing is right up their on top...

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Built bullitt where was the SRT4 raced at it looks like my sons car and looks like hime????

·
Registered
722 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Most of the fatalities are caused by 16-22 year olds with too much car and not near enough experience on the road. Common sense enters into it as well. At 80-90 miles an hour things happen way too fast.

Here is the problem with the deserted stretch of road. There are still two cars involved with normally more than just a driver in each car. What happens if a tire blows, dog runs out in front of the car etc, and there is an accident.

As a parent how would you feel if your child caused this accident or worse still was killed in this type of accident . Even if it's just two cars there are serious issues.

Pay the 20 bucks at the local track for T and T and race under controlled conditions.
Controlled? What if a kangaroo pops out on the track??

http://www.break.com/index/lucky_kangaroo.html
http://www.break.com/index/kangaroo-dodges-death.html
http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=327941

:lol:
Jimmy Ray said:
Built bullitt where was the SRT4 raced at it looks like my sons car and looks like hime????
Caught red handed! :redface:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Caught red handed !!!!

Nope my son is lot like his daddy, doesn't stay in contact every well... Been a long time since I heard from him. Its nice to know he is still alive. He still is making me pay for the life style I lived....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts