Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to work this morning , just as I always do...taking I-20 west just past loop 820 at a leisurely 75-80 mph when this white camaro ss with the hood scoop etc comes up behind me, fast , he switch's lanes and is coming up next to me .I am anticpating what he is going to do , I am in 3rd but clutch in... sure enuf... he revs ,as he does, I dump it..surprise the hell out of him and pull away.. .I get ahead of him good..then going thru traffic and still well in front. well ,where I-35 interesects there is usually radar cops/ traps so I slow down fast to a crawl at 68, mr smart arse comes up reving and pulling up then dropping back ..I am not biting this time. I make like a cops lite with my right hand and point ahead to warn him.. he flips me off and burys it .....1/2 mile later I see another white camaro pulling onto the highway like a madman...one of fort worths finest.....a couple miles later what do I see? 2 white camaros on the side of the road... I was thinking of beeping and waving but i didn't.. I think his day was ruined eneough at that point... tsk tsk

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hee hee hee, oh i feel REALLY bad for him.......NOT!!!!
GREAT story texasbullitt

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's why it's too risky to drive as fast as I'd like. Most of my driving to and from work is on 114 between Southlake and Irving. I try to go with the flow or a little faster. It's so hard to keep it under 80. There are so many cops in Camaro's and on motorcycles around there.

Good story TXBullitt. He got what he deserves.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I wouldn't mess with Southlake cops-- Did you know they wear jackboots? Not just for bikes, but in the cars!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, I don't drive Bullitt #621 to work every day (that's what I kept the ragged out Explorer for) but I occasionally drive it in on Fridays...

Anyways, I drive I-20 in south Dallas between Hwy 67 and I-45 - everybody goes 80mph+, and I just hang in the left center lane with cruise control set at 72. It amazes me every day I see somebody pulled over in the 100 yards of I-20 that Hutchins PD monitors. On the FEW days I have taken the Bullitt, the cruise control has been CRITICAL because it is SO hard to keep it under 90! Just today I brought it in cause its getting an oil change today, and merging from Hwy 67 to I-20, I got stuck behind an 18-wheeler taking the ramp at 25mph (arrrgghh!) so when I got a clear lane I NAILED it, make three lane changes and shifted from 4rd to 5th, eased back, THEN looked at the speedo - 100mph!! Oops!! Brake check! But it sure felt good :wink:

·
Registered
235 Posts
ROFL!!! 1NastyFordGT, where do you get these pics?!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bob, keep this up and you'll have to publish a book for all of us Bullittheads lol

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
oh man bob, your stuff has been cracking me up these past few days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts