Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to you guys for your support I've been able to evolve the systems and have lucked out with a local engineer. He is a recent customer, and a Mustang enthusiast, and has offered to CNC machine the systems. The new flange pipes are to micrometer tolerances. I'm sending everyone a new "full face gasket" which will come to the meter lip, opening up some area, since the screen has been shown to soak up some hp and the old gasket was to enable using the screen.
We were talking about the factory meter when he said he could produce a meter custom matched to the 100mm system which would utilize the current sensor. We pulled my 55mm off my 5.0 and installed a new 70mm meter with using my sensor to test this. It works fine. The idle is smoother, and it leaned it out a little resulting in a little more low end torque, and better throttle response.
I told him to go ahead and build a prototype as I think I might know a few guys who would be willing to test it!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thank you again for all your comments and advice john!
one of my friends down the street from me here in St. Louis has a 2000 GT and after i told him about this site and all the advice on mods, he read about your CAI and put it on and is VERY happy!
keep me posted cuz your final "new product" will probably be a present to myself early next yaer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts