AH . Memories sweet memories.
Well David, the Fire Captain on duty said it was the battery. It burned the entire right front fender (batttery mounted there) into nothing. The driver side was OK, sort of, no burn damage. Fire migrated back on the plastic inner fender liner to the a/c unit and went inside the car. Driver side of the engine was a-ok...BigBullitt said:Wow David,
My 1989 Grand Marquis "spontaneously combusted" (as I call it) in my driveway as well. It just smoldered under the hood till everything just dripped out through the melted inner fender wells. I wonder if it was the same issue, although I don't remember the type of battery it had.