Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the fact that there were absolutely no flaws on my car for the first time ever in my purchasing history......

This car could use a couple of things (other than the usual shifter...etc...and I will definately be getting those things!!!!

1.) some type of Urethane Trans mount. That sucker under there is soft! I have to check but I imagine energy suspension makes one, hopefully.

2.) FMS rear upper control arms. While the car handles just great, there is still that rearward wander that I can feel on the highway. This is due mainly to the upper rear control arms. Getting these as well next week!

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I advise everyone to check their lug nuts. Mine were originally very loose!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that you mention it......one of my locking lugs was as well!

Seriously, the wander is very, very minimal at best. Nothing at all that I am worrying about. It is probably, mostly due to the larger 17" rims/tires, so I won't worry about that.

Why wouldn't you do the upper arms. The FMS ones are very similar to the stock units and are just reinforced a bit more with a harder durometer rubber bushing on one end. Really.....it can't hurt the car.

Paul G.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know about that....however, I don't like pulling down the arms and re-greasing them after they squeak each month. Graphite impregnated or not, they will squeak after a while. I'll take a harder rubber bushing anytime.

Paul G.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts