Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'm taking my Bullitt into the dealer tomorrow to tighten the tranny mounting bolts (because I'm getting all the clunking)and to check and tighten all suspension bolts. They are also going to adjust the passenger side door for fitment. They have ordered replacement headlights because of the crap inside the headlights on the car. The tranny is started to catch a bit while shifting up or down through the gears, and making noise when in neutral with the clutch out. Once I have put 6,000 miles (a request of Tremmec) on it they will put in a new trans. This dealer has already fixed this same problem on another Bullitt by replacing the trans. Tremmec won't allow the dealers to even open the case. They have to order a new one direct from Tremmec and send the old one back. Some ***** on the freeway in a dump truck dropping rocks broke my 2900 mile windshield. That will get replaced with a factory windshield on Tuesday. If tighting everything doesn't fix the clunking and loose feeling drivetrain then they may replace the rearend at the same time they change out the tranny. I don't have any pinging under heavy loads, so I'm not going to have the computer flashed. The dealer told me he would if I wanted but that the flash is done to retard the timing and that it reduces performance. I told him that as long as I wasn't pinging that I would keep it the way it is.

Enough about me. Here are some TSB's. They are for all 2001 GT's/Bullitts.

15031....Loose transmission mount to transmission bolts.

14879....2001 GT, Bullitt, and Cobra with 3650 trans. Noise and/or hard shifting. Replacement

01-12-03....PCM flash for pinging

13848....Wind noise/waterleak EDSR request.

No TSB for the headlight problem yet.

Sorry this is so long, but I hope it helps you.

·
Registered
959 Posts
This is what makes a group list like this great. Thanks for the update!

Brian

·
Registered
543 Posts
Bullittman 615, I feel for you. I too experience some clunking from 4th to 5th when shifting between 40 - 45 MPH. It just shouldn't be there...period. Luckily, I have the 7 year bumper to bumper plan on this car. This weekend I plan to check every single transmission mount bolt for tightness. The dealer did this during pre-delivery and found two bolts that were not tight. I am thinking they may have worked loose as I now have 500 miles on the car and this clunking has just appeared.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truebluebullitt,

Yep, sounds like they worked loose again. Just a reminder to make sure you put some loctite on the bolts to make sure it doesn't happen again. Mine was also checked before I took the car from the dealer and it was nice and quiet. Now it has been getting progressively worse so I'm sure there loose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts