Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read the new MM&FF? I talked a friend and he said that the Bullitt weighed 3900 lbs! Dear GOD! Where did all that weight come from?!

·
Registered
199 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-01 02:28, Los wrote:
Where did all that weight come from?!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Check out some previous posts. It came from one of two places: the imagination of the MMFF editorial staff or the screwed up scale they used.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cannot remember where i saw it, but i think on the actual purchase sticker it has what the car weighed in at. If I can recall I think it was 3198lbs.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Had the chance at work to weigh my car today.
We have a fairly new scale. The car with 3/4 tank of gas weighed 3340 lbs.without the driver.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I talked to them,MM&FF,about it. Seems the scale at Englishtown Raceway,was screwed up. They weighed another car and the scale showed it was heavier without the driver in it!! Go figure. My Bullitt weighed in at 3315 with 1/4 tank of fuel at a certified public scale. I think this is a correct average weight.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You have to love MM&FF. They know the weight is wrong but they publish anyway? :???:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Saw that, knew that had to be a bogus curb weight. It is odd that the guy would write a whole column on something obviously wrong like that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I sent an e-mail to the editors of MMFF asking for another weighing and correction if they made a mistake(as many of us belive they might have). I have no response yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts