Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At age 50, and having lost 20 lbs, returning from the FBI national academy, I swam 5000 yards ( 2.8Miles), ran 26.2 miles on the FX machine and biked 35 miles. The local YMCA decided to have a indoor competition since the bad weather won’t go away. The swim was 2:08, the run 3:58, and the bike was 1:31.
The YMCA set it up to be done anytime, and accumulated distance over the next two weeks. I decided to do it in one day. Started at 6am and finished at 2:10pm.

The most I have done is 2. 3 miles swimming, and 20 miles running, and that wasn’t on the same day.
<O:p
Any Iron man competitors out there.
<O:p
Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Wow!...Amazing accomplishment Dennis!..Congrats!...Although, from seeing you at the Nationals I shouldn't be surprised considering the shape you were in then...and I'm sure you must under go PE tests for your department as well...pretty cool though!...:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dennis,

That's awesome! Congratulations. I'll be honest though, I'm feeling a little guilty...I'm actually eating a pizza as I write this. LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Congrats, Dennis! That is an amazing accomplishment at any age.

Former marathon runner here. (detroit three times, Marine corps once) And some run-bike-run events. Former swim coach but only one short triathlon. Master's degree in exercise physiology.
So of you would like to chat about your next endevor, just call!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Way to go dennis, congrats. I probably would be DOA half way thru the bike ride. LOL!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Quite impressive!! I wouldn't even want to attempt any part of that!! Kudos to you Sir!!!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Congratulations Dennis. I actually thought about an Ironman competition.....then the thought went away
Let's see...Paul's version of the BEER Ironman would be drinking on a boat, drinking on the back of a bike, and I have no idea how he would pull off the run. :lol:

And congrats Dennis. The G-Men must have really got you motivated. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice Job Dennis !!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Sometimes, I actually walk across the street! The rest of the time I drive. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
chilli bullitt said:
Let's see...Paul's version of the BEER Ironman would be drinking on a boat, drinking on the back of a bike, and I have no idea how he would pull off the run. :lol:
HOW BOUT A TREADMILL (WITH BEER CUP HOLDERS) IN THE BACK OF A PICKUP.

AHHH HECK WITH THE TREADMILL, A BARKOLOUNGER WOULD BE EVEN BETTER...YEAH THAT'S THE TICKET!

WE GOTTA SET UP THIS EVENT AT NATS!

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Dennis....that is some very tuff stuff...well done!

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Great going Dennis.... Getting in shape and staying in shape is the key to everything
You should do some Ironman events.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Awesome!!

I have always wanted to do a triathalon. I will probably try a sprint triathalon here soon, a full one would probably kill me seeing as I am not that strong of a swimmer, I am a marathoner myself, having completed the Dallas White rock, and then I ran the Texas Half 3 years ago when it was a record snowfall for dallas, that 13.2 miles was worse than the 26.2 miles of the white rock in nice weather.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ate a dozen "Blazin'" hot wings in less than 3 minutes with nothing to drink!
Top that :razz:

You should be proud of yourself. Quite an accomplishment!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I got winded from just reading about it. :wink:

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Very impressive. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts