Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is driving me crazy, i dont know where it is coming from anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Yeah, I'm gettting a little squeeking too. Sometimes from the back seat...sometimes from outside in the rear...I can hear it sometimes when my windows are open, shocks maybe?? Every now and then, when I open the drivers side door, I can hear something rolling around INSIDE the door! But it's only every now and then, so I don't know what the heck is goin on.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounds like the spring perch....check the posts I put up. I will add some pictures after the weekend.

Paul G.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It definitely is coming from the outside on my Bullitt. I don't hear it when the windows are up but as soon as I roll down my window the squeaking starts.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I just knew it had to happen. At 3500 miles good ol' 2759 has it's first case of Bullittitus. The symptom? The evasive sqeeking from the drivers side front end. It just started yesterday so I haven't had a chance to exactly pin down under what circumstances it does it because it doesn't do it all the time. So far, it's at moderate speeds, 40-45, and intermitently. I know someone else described it as sounding like a "happy chirping bird". A very good description. But if I want happy chirping birds I'll watch a Disney film. Anybody know the cure for this bug?
UPDATE: It's coming from the back, but not as bad as it was. Iduhknow. :grin:
Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: K&N, $7.00 Dryer Duct Ram Air, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
AMC AMX #7831 390 4-speed Go Pack Hunter Green Metallic
Mods: None/stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-08-10 07:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: y2k16t8 on 2001-08-20 08:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the same thing a guy at work told me it could be the tire rubbing up and down on the rim if the tire has a weak spot i notice that it doesnt do it when it is raining. so what i will do is rotate the front left tire to the right and see if the sound changes to the right side! Heck cant hurt to try it! been doing it since about a 1000 miles on the vehicle has 2699 now! Another thing u might check is like i said in a recent post your tranny bolts will make a sound too if they are loose so make sure to check the crossmemeber bolts! u know the longer i have this car the more i see just how shi*y Ford quality really is! Thanx Havgun #1676

I know i will never buy another Ford and thats a fact ! I would sell this one if it wasnt a Bullitt!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well...it isn't the spring perch that I had thought of originally. Everything is nicely insulated with rubber there.

Anyone check the gas tank filler housing? That was a problem on a previous car.

Paul G.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts