Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to give a JLT True CAI setup a try on my Bullitt. I like the looks of the setup,plus the large diameter straight pipe to the manifold.
Yes I know,I have the functional hood scoop setup tied into the Bullitt air box,but I will try something different. The hood scoop will still bring in fresh air around the intake,to cool it down,also with it's functioning flap door.
I can always switch back to the original setup. Might give me the opportunity to get the aluminum air pan made out of plastic,to reduce the absorbtion of heat.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
Gail and I had Jay's setup for a while before we got the Vortec. We both loved it!
Well,I might enjoy it when THE RIGHT PART ARRIVES!
Hey would you folks mind a road trip to Colonial Heights, this afternoon? Maybe stop by JLT, shoot the breeze,pick up my 90' elbow....I'll buy you dinner....some beer..

·
Car Whisperer
21,575 Posts
didn't know you were in Colonial Heights..where my family lived when I was born, moved to a different place in Petersburg a little later.

·
Car Whisperer
21,575 Posts
I'm afraid to say......at least the dinosaurs had left the earth already...

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andy-kitt said:
How have you coverted the bonnet vent?
If you mean,does the scoop induct air? Yes sir, it does!
The reason for this latest madness,was to try something a bit different. Even though the scoop works,I still have the somewhat restrictive stock air flow tube from the throttle body to the stock type air filter box.
I do like the way the JLT unit was built....big all the way!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have the JLT fender well kit. I love it! I found that if you wiggle it just right, it no longer rubs the hoodliner.

Oh, and it looks awesome under there too!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some assembly tips I discovered.... When you mount the MAF unit to the provided aluminum filter adapter,there is an overlap of the plastic MAF housing and adapter which leaves a step the incoming air flow will hit. I radiused and blended in the step.
Also,I made a gasket,out of brown gasket paper,to give a good seal between the MAF housing and adapter. The rubber O ring,around the screen, provided the seal on the factory setup. Add a touch of blue thread locker on the 4 mounting screws also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.