Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JBvobra took a STOCK bullitt in the low 13's. Key word here....STOCK..... So why outside of just plain knowing how to drive, which takes alot of practice and track time and good conditions, do some of yall think that 12's are impossible? Just wondering. You have some people who love to do math....oh the weight = speed = traction===BS! Give up the math and race your car. If you hit it good. If you dont then STFU. Stop bagging on those who are in 14's 13's or wherever they are. Agood race is not about the car, its allmost allways the driver. So if I struck a nerve and the shoe fits then learn how to drive what you have and if you think it cant be done then send a friendly challenge to whomever and meet them on the track. Ok, I'm done rambling

·
Registered
309 Posts
Jerry,

I'm with you man. I think there are way too many non-believers in this club. NAISSO has their share too (I know some of you with Impala SS's on this board know what I'm talking about), but I've found that the best way to shut them up is to challenge them for money. Usually $1000-$2000 does it. I had a guy tell me there was no way I could be running my Impala with stock heads and just a cam and be going 13.9's. So I challenged him to fly up. We would run my car at the track then bring it home, yank the heads and throw them on a flowbench to prove they were stock. Then he'd owe me the grand, plus then I was going to port my heads and go mid 13's (with stock 3.08 gears, mind you). :grin: Unfortunately, the guy declined. :wink:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Absolutely Black Sunshine. I completely agree. We are here because we don't like the bickering from other clubs and the constant "My car is better than yours" or "that's impossible". That is what make the bullittclub so great.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hey!!! MY CAR IS BETTER THAN YOURS!! lol

Well, I don't know why people doubt or disbelieve when JB has done it. With the mods I'm going, under 2 grand, I'll be touching, if not already in, the 12 second mark. So who your daddy now!?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I asked JB that very question on a different
thread. I think that is so impressive. I've
Brkt. raced for the last couple years, and it takes all those things: Practice, Weather,
and really knowing your car and what it can do. Who knows their could be some STOCK 12.00's out there. :wink:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I think these cars might just have it in them!
I'm still pumped about my first ever track outing with my stock bullitt (4.10s and DS below still in box). I ran a 9.011 in the 1/8 at about 79.5mph on a 70%+ humidity day. That was on the stock GY tires with 60' times no faster than 2.15!

Now I just need the 4.10s, BST (big sticky tires), TA, better exhaust, cams, heads, MAFterburner, and then a little more tweaking :wink:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This thread wasnt about doubting any one persons times. Just the fact that those who can't, doubt; and those who can, race.

·
Registered
119 Posts
50% car, 50% driver. I've beat some better cars with my 88lx just because they didn't know what they were doing. So far I havn't had a challenge come up against me in the bullitt. I can hardly wait, and I'm look'n.

·
Registered
822 Posts
My only question would be..how MM&FF got a regular 2001 GT to 13.5 and 5.0 Mustang and MM&FF could only get the Bullitt to 13.96? Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that our cars were better equipped than the stock GT's. How then, might I ask can they get their stock GT to 13.5 and with an entire day not get the Bullitt to those times? If anyone has a reasonable explaination other than they "don't like the Bullitt" or "they cheated" I would be interested in hearing this.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
13.5s? I was under the impression the best run was 13.78 on a stock platform. But the times don't make sense. I think they're "editing" things out but then again, we only see what they want us to see. They might've slapped a set of slicks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't have the articles to refer too, but one possibilty could be Weather. By that I mean at what track and what time of day how hot was it and what was the air density and
barometric pressure. All these variables can affect the performance and could cause a slower car to run quicker and a faster car to slow down depending at what time these runs were made.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree to many variables you have to do side by side testing to eliminate the environment. You also have driver time in the car. If you were to drive a stock GT all the time then compare that GT and a Bullitt side by side chances are the GT would be the same if not better. 2 pennies for the pot.

·
Registered
393 Posts
without a doubt, weather is key for a true record run. I've personally seen it make a .4 difference in what I consider "comparable" execution runs made on different days and different weather. I made a super clean, 1.87 60ft pass on a 80 degree, 78 dewpoint night, and proceeded to wad up a 13.7 at 99 piece of paper after getting the slip. :grin:

On the contrary, I made the 13.33 at 102 run on a 57 degree, 38 dewpoint night with very similiar 60ft and clean shifts.

I didn't wad that particular slip up; decided it was a keeper :grin::D

I can't take all the credit; Density altitude is paramount for a record:

http://rshelq.home.sprynet.com/calc_da.htm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts