Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone is upset over the sticker vs. a metal plate and that the Canadian owners are getting the packages and US owners are not. We need to remember that we own a car that was only a concept less than two years ago and was built in very low numbers for this one time and that is it. Even Viper owners can't say that. It takes alot of money for a car to go from concept to production. Ford did listen to us when it came to making the car, which I'd rather have any day over a movie or anything else. As far as possibly seeing items in the Ford catalog, it doesnt look like it will happen but I sent an e-mail to Mr. Hyde and he said he'd check into it. With the cost of the licensing and the total sales from the catalog it wouldn't be cost effective basically. Not to say that we wouldn't buy the stuff, but its just the limited number of owners of the Bullitt.
Cam

·
Registered
466 Posts
I agree 100%. I may be jaded, but I never expect much from any large corporation in terms of customer service. I am just happy Ford built the car. To think that the Mustang Team was even able to get this project through the beauracracy, for such a limited run of cars, is impressive to me. I may start to think differently if my engine or tranny goes south. For now, though, I am content with having a car that very few people own. To get this kind of exclusivity elsewhere, you would have to spend many times more than we all did.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very well said. Not to say I wouldn't appreciat a little appreciation, but I bought a car, not a keychain, hat, jacket, or DVD. I'm very happy w/ my car and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Have there been disappointments? Yes, but every car has those. I bought my DVD collector's set, and my own MGW keychain (along w/ a lot of other goodies).

I'M HAPPY

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I agree. This club could easily be named whinersclub.com. I think we got a fantastic car at a great price. I already have the DVD and 2 key chains.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good observations by all - I would hate to think that our nit-picking would deter Ford from releasing other concept derived vehicles like the BULLITT. I would like some special recognition stuff, but I OWN A BULLITT, and that's pretty special!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I feel the same way. I just joined this board this past week and I was utterly impressed with how intelligent everyone on this list is (I can bet that everyone knows what the Check Engine light means...a lot in the MustangWorld boards think it's just for the 2nd set of O2 sensors...). But then I started reading people's posts about how Ford is unappreciative of their customers... Guys (and gals), they BUILT the car! That's more than I can say about the General... :roll:

I've been a die-hard GM (Chevy mostly) fan all my life, and I still love their older stuff, but when GM killed off the B-body platform (taking the Impala SS with it), that's when I realized that they aren't listening to their customers. Ford, however, is. With the production of the Bullitt this year, the Mach 1 next year, and the Mercury Marauder late '02 (which, btw, is EXACTLY what GM killed off... imagine an Impala SS with an LS-1! With the worked LT1 engine I was spanking Mustangs all over S. Jersey and central PA :grin: ) they are listening to us and giving us what we want. Who cares if we don't get a DVD or a key chain? You all just spent over $25K for your Bullitts... would another $50 for those items really make you happy?

I'm not trying to flame anyone in here; I'm simply trying to provide a reality-check and remind everyone that things could be worse... We could all be driving Camaros. :wink:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I also agree. But the other thing that I find to be rather annoying is everyone either calling or emailing Art Hyde.

Put yourself in his shoes. I know how many emails I get on a daily basis. I can never get to them right away and very few of them are from people whinning about anything.

Were I he I would certainly loose my sh## rather quickly.

I think if this group does have any important issues there should be a forum for polling them and one person should try to address through a proper channel.

Otherwise leave the guy alone.

Nobody asked, Just my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't want to call anybody a whiner. Hell, I'd like to be able to get as much stuff with the Bullitt on it as anyone. I just wanted people to remember what a special car this truly is in this day and age. You don't see any other car companies making 5,000 cars for one year only for UNDER $30,000 with all of the engine/suspension/body extras do you? That's all I was trying to say. I still think this is the best car site because of the owners/users here. Thanks gang!
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ditto all the above sentiments!!!
we bought a car. a nice, factory custom, limited production vehicle. we exchanged good hard earned money(or credit-LOL)for our cars.
we got a great car!! no one is "entitled" to anything. some people got some nice stuff free....most of us didn't! big deal
Ford doesn't owe us a damn thing. sure, some hoopla, trinkets, and fanfare that us "Joe Everyday Buyers" could have shared in would have been pretty sweet for all of us. BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...PERIOD!!
petition, whine, cry, etc. all you want but Ford gave a great car for little extra bucks compared to what it would have cost us to do.what you are doing is running the risk of letting Team Mustang decide we are all a bigger pain in the ass than we are worth. can you imagine being bombarded by hundreds of emails and phone calls at YOUR jobs and still being able to do what you want on the next wave of Mustangs??? the answer is NO! no one could work with all that crap.
we are NOT owed anything by Ford. we are NOT entitled to more stuff or goodies. it would have been nice but let these guys do their job and create the next concept Mustang that makes it to production that we all salivate over!!!!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-10-12 14:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh you guys!! Grrrrr!!! We have our own opinions, this is what makes us unique!!

If we want something extra, we can want something extra. If we'd like just a little bit extra, we can like just a little bit extra. If we don't think Ford "owes us a damn thing", we can think that and so on....just remember we are all entitled to our own opinions though I do agree, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of all our complaints!

Really, IMO, all I'd be happy with is a simple little COA on the # of our Bullitts, maybe something with our name and Bullitt number, real easy.....that's it. Something very simple....but, I understand they probably don't even have time for that...just would be nice since the numbers are rubbing off a lot of the stickers....sigh...

I'm getting off the soap box...
:smile:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
...and one other thing to point out, that when we are in our Bullitts, we all look damned good! :smile:

Of course, not as good as the BullittBabes on here, but for a goofy, late thirties computer geek, I look damned good. :lol:

Mike
Who really IS pathetic. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittoid on 2001-10-12 15:08 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Dona, one cool thing about this site is that all of us do indeed respect each others opinions, and our rights to express them.
i didn't tell you guys not to do that stuff,...i just expressed my own personal opinion and i don't agree with bombarding Team Mustang with a bunch of crap. i knew full well few if any people will "do as i say"-LOL
whew, i would be scared of all of a sudden someone said" hey, marty doesn't agree so let's NOT do it!!!" hee hee
(stare right at the watch.......you are getting sleepy.........very sleepy........now repeat after me.......don't do it.......) -LOL

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
LOL Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know damn well my car looks better than me!!
(i've yet to see anyone checking out me 1st and THEN check out my car....hell, sometimes they never even make it past my car....LOL)

·
Registered
123 Posts
WhinersClub.Com?? Uh, that would be the BMW CCA. You should read their club magazine sometime, after you shake the tears out of it first.

When I bought 4601, no one sold me on any other games or prizes, so I'm not upset that the Canadians got something we didn't. At least Ford still knows how to build the AMERICAN car, regardless of where they are made.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
"shake out the tears"-LOL...that's priceless!
they should just say BWW CC (for country club)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Point well taken. enough said
Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts