Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their receiver and kept the MACH460 speaker system? If so, how did you get the amps to work with the new receiver? My 96GT had the 460 and a Pioneer Supertuner cassette deck when I bought it. I replaced the Supertuner with an Alpine CD receiver and had no trouble. But looking back now, it may have been slightly altered from factory.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Check this thread out......http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136231&highlight=metra+harness

The harness number listed in that thread will allow the amps in the Mach system to work with an aftermarket unit. As far as I know it is the ONLY harness that will do this. Member Ezekial has done a lot of research on this and if you search the forums using "metra" and "aftermarket stereo" you will find more useful info. Know that the Metra harness is not just plug and play-you will still need to connect it to the aftermarket radio of choice's harness. This is not difficult, but it does bear mentioning. Other than that the removal of the Mach head unit is easy, as is the install of any din aftermarket system. I did it in mine mostly because I have a few mp3 cd's that I wanted to be able to listen to. The sound can really be "played with" if you get a good enough aftermarket head unit......John R

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the info. I read Ezekiel's post. The link to the site he bought the harness from says they no longer carry that part. I found a place called Parts Express that had it. On the way as we speak!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I agree on the Metra part!

I am running an Alpine with an Infinity BassLink through the Mach460 system...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Check this thread out......http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136231&highlight=metra+harness

The harness number listed in that thread will allow the amps in the Mach system to work with an aftermarket unit. As far as I know it is the ONLY harness that will do this. Member Ezekial has done a lot of research on this and if you search the forums using "metra" and "aftermarket stereo" you will find more useful info. Know that the Metra harness is not just plug and play-you will still need to connect it to the aftermarket radio of choice's harness. This is not difficult, but it does bear mentioning. Other than that the removal of the Mach head unit is easy, as is the install of any din aftermarket system. I did it in mine mostly because I have a few mp3 cd's that I wanted to be able to listen to. The sound can really be "played with" if you get a good enough aftermarket head unit......John R
:cool:

thanks for hte mention :)
Glad I could help out. It worked quite well and I was, and still am, extremely pleased with the setup. No issues a year and a half later.

ribo68 said:
Thanx for the info. I read Ezekiel's post. The link to the site he bought the harness from says they no longer carry that part. I found a place called Parts Express that had it. On the way as we speak!
They still had it, they just changed their website.... at least about 2 months ago they did.
Glad you could find it elsewhere. I had some great service from Audio Allies. I had to return the Sirius box under warranty about 6 months after I bought it. They sent me an IN STORE receipt (per their recommendations) to help with my RMA of the unit :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts