Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice Interior...Nice color....Should have been faster out of the box ...The o1 looks and sounds a ton better...thats just my opion...I'll keep mine for now...

·
Registered
803 Posts
I really do like the sound of both the 01 and 08. Dang... in the first clip, do you hear the car screeching the tires while shifting... nice. I think the 08 sounds closer to the movie... maybe b/c that was their goal, but they both sound pretty dang good. :)

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
How can the 2008 Mustang sound closer to the '68 than the 2001? Well let's take a look..... First, the mufflers are located at the extreme rear of the vehicle,defintely changing the sound quality,as compared to a certain tailpipe length.
The 2005+ exhaust sounds seem to give a muted rumble,similar to the older Corvettes. The addition of tailpipe seems to give that hollow,metalic burble,like a 2001 Bullitt with the stock mufflers and O/R H-pipe.
And of course a 390 FE engine with old time glasspacks,most then had 2 to 2 1/4 inch flow cores,had a unique sound,hard for a 281 cube engine to duplicate.
Just my thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts