Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my car is cold and I drive at about 3000 rpm the thing makes a noise like a diesel engine. I've noticed it a few times when I drive next to sound walls or center barriers. Once the car warms up the noise goes away. I'm thinking it is the rods or the pistons making noise until they get warm and expand.

Does anyone else get this?

It is something I will be monitoring!

Eric

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't changed my oil. I only have 800 miles on the car.

I am going to continue to monitor this situation to see if it gets worse.

I really notice the noise when the car is cold. I drive at a constant 3000rpm next to something that reflects the sound and there is a loud clatter coming from under the hood.

Eric

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
not to sound rude or anything but.............HELLO RING RING....do not pas go and collect 200.00.....take no chances with your engine! unless you dont care about major down time in the case that something IS wrong and it creates another problem..........

·
Registered
452 Posts
Mine has a tick as well.. I think it is an injector..... not sure... my idle has been jacked..... I am going to see how it goes next few days and take it in if it doesnt settle down..... kind has me pissed.. be cosue I want to start putting my mods on.. but I want the car to run good.....

doug

·
Registered
310 Posts
Mine seems to sound like a deisel to at times but it really sounds like a jet engine winding down when i turn off the ignition sounds so cool! As far as performance goes I cant complain runs strong and hard with no starting problems at all! Mostly just minor body problems such as interior and exterior oh and one hell of a squeak that i am still looking for in the front left hand side when i go over bumps driven me nutssssssssssss ! :smile: Thanx Havgun #1676

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Havgun,

Does the squek seem to come from the passenger side dash panel? I have a creak/squeek/groan that comes from that area whenever I drive on rough streets. It is driving me nuts, but I'm waiting to see if it gets better or worse over time.

As far as the car sounding like a diesel it doesn't do it alll the time and it seems to run fine. It is myunderstanding from reading other forums that newer engines with all of the disimilar metals i.e aluminum/iron can make noise until everything gets up to temprature. thisis why I haven't run off to the dealer yet. The metal have a different rate of expansion and contraction. It is possible to have noise due to that. I was really more curious to know if anyone else has experienced similar noises. Sounding like a diesel was a slight exaggeration, but it dos make a rackety clacking noise until warm.

Eric

·
Registered
93 Posts
Engine noise at 3000 rpm don't sound good. It maybe pistons making the noise and when warm up it goes away. anyway take it in and get it fixed. They might put a new short block.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts