Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've posted here before, the rear end of the Bullitt is about 1/2" off center...that is the passenger side tire sticks out about that much more than the driver's side tire at the rear. Could I put a 1/2" or even 3/8" spacer on the driver's side only to even it out cosmetically without causing any handling/balance problems? Would the stock lugs be long enough for this and still be safe? Steeda has them in both sizes...

·
Registered
140 Posts
not that what I say means annything but I would not do a spacer on stock studs not only are the hubs hubcentric (big word did I spell it right Mike? )(the center fo the hub has a ring on it and the weel fits over that ring) you are taking up 3/8 to 1/2 ' from your lug nuts when their tight you could lose a weel that would be a BAD thing!!! you think about it if it was Have Bullitt will Travel MY personnel hero with 600rwp you could rip the studs right out very bad thing. But i do not know anything its your car, your saftie , fix it right.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I run 1/4" spacers on the rear of mine. However, I run them on both sides. Not sure about I would run just one sided. Probably wouldn't hurt anything though. If you do go with 1/2" or 3/8" spacer, don't cheap out and buy a regular ol spacer. Go with something like the H&R or MM hubcentric spacers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts