Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on Rear wheel Spacers to make them flush with the fender, let's have'em.

Ford Dealership says no, it'll screw up the suspension. All my mod friends say yes, if you get ones made especially for your wheels.

I've heard to stay away from Universal spacers. That I can understand. But what's the cons for doing it at all?

Will this hurt my baby blue?

TrueBullittBlue #2345:

- K+N Filter w/ housing removed,
- X-Bassani Pipes,
- 62mm double bore,
- Aluminium Driveshaft,
- Complete Alluminium Interior Components; Buttons, switches, Dash, E-brake, etc.
- Directional LED Mirrors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBullittBlue on 2001-08-26 19:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
Talk to the guys at Maximum Motorsports they'll give you the low down on spacers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I put 25mm (1") spacers on the back of #74 and I love the way they look. I can't say for sure if this is going to damage the rear bearings. I'd heard that in the past, but I did research on the H&R's and the are very highly regarded. My biggest concern, and this is why I'm posting, is the fact that these are widely used in racing Porsches and BMW's. Both IRS cars. Am I going to hurt the rear end on my car?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
their NON toll free # is 1-805-544-8748
if that helps?? i'm at work so i'm not calling it. it goes on my monthly "call report"

·
Registered
120 Posts
As I mentioned, I still have some concerns regarding wear on the rear-end, but from a purely cosmetic standpoint I can say that the 1" is perfect. The tire is just inside the wheel well. Just where you would have expected it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-27 20:36, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-27 18:57, rsom1 wrote:
As I mentioned, I still have some concerns regarding wear on the rear-end, but from a purely cosmetic standpoint I can say that the 1" is perfect. The tire is just inside the wheel well. Just where you would have expected it.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry Rsom, I didn't even read your first comment! Thanks.

BTW, I really doubt there would be any extra stress on the bearing with 1" as it's no different than a 1" offset rim. Now, those idiots that put those 80% offset wheels on their lowriders definately strain the bearings.

So, in that respect, wouldn't putting 2" spacers be alright since it would mimic a 10" wide rim like an 18x10?

Is putting spacers on your car the same as putting on larger rims? Meaning, does it have the same influence on wear and tear?

Thinking about it...Putting wider rims and tires would make things more stable, more surface space to the ground, yes? Not so with spacers.

Help. :???:

TrueBullittBlue #2345:

- K+N Filter w/ housing removed,
- X-Bassani Pipes,
- 62mm double bore,
- Aluminium Driveshaft,
- Complete Alluminium Interior Components; Buttons, switches, Dash, E-brake, etc.
- Directional LED Mirrors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBullittBlue on 2001-08-27 22:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Widers wheels -should- have a new offset-- to put the load back on the center of the wheel.

-------
|-----|
|--x--|
|-----|
-------

Spacers move that load closer to the inner wheel. That's what causes the bearings to wear out more quickly.

-------
|-----|
|-x[--|
|-----|
-------
Where [ is the spacer.

It puts more angular load on the bearing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JayP on 2001-08-27 22:30 ]</font>

Hey- I tried with these asciis....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JayP on 2001-08-27 22:31 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
nice job JP!!!! thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
my spacers are installed, they came in the mail yesterday and i went to my old job and installed them. i went with the h&r 30mm and i love them. the look is awesome, what ford's cheap ass should have done in the first place except with at 9 inch wheel in the rear. I am just a little over cautious and i keep checking the lugnuts to make sure they are not slipping. they arent!!! they come from H&r in a silver finish. i painted them black along to match the disc.

there was another bullitt there when i was installing my spacers, and i could compare the difference, and believe me it is a difference. The only downside it the extra dirt the gets on the bumper now. i will take some pics of the mod this weekend. I know it is really gonna look bad azz tomorrow after the springs get installed!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2001-08-31 10:07, tracktoy wrote:
my spacers are installed, they came in the mail yesterday and i went to my old job and installed them. i went with the h&r 30mm and i love them. the look is awesome, what ford's cheap ass should have done in the first place except with at 9 inch wheel in the rear. I am just a little over cautious and i keep checking the lugnuts to make sure they are not slipping. they arent!!! they come from H&r in a silver finish. i painted them black along to match the disc.

there was another bullitt there when i was installing my spacers, and i could compare the difference, and believe me it is a difference. The only downside it the extra dirt the gets on the bumper now. i will take some pics of the mod this weekend. I know it is really gonna look bad azz tomorrow after the springs get installed!!!!

I'm getting H&R Sportlines, but spacers make me nervous. Are you getting any rub on the wheel wells?

I'm concerned about what spacers do to the suspension, particularly the bearings. What do you think, are you as concerned as I am?

Ford says DON'T DO IT. It will void warranty. I really want to.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey, did you have to put in longer wheel studs? or did the spacer not need them? i want to do the same... also, what'd you pay and who'd you get em from?

thanks!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Here is were I bought mine online.

http://www.nascarplace.com/hrspacers/itm02215.htm

They are made by H&R Sportline and have their own studs. You just bolt the spacers on to your exisiting studs and use the studs that come on the spacer to bolt the wheels to. The ones for the Mustang are the spacers on the bottom of the picture. I'll add a picture of my Bullitt when I get them installed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have no rub, just a mean looking car. These will contain my need for 18x10 well until next year. I dont really care what ford has to say, i will take them off it i have any axel issues.

I love them!!!

i have pictures but no scaner. i am going to be out of town this weekend and am going to pick up a scanner as soon as i come back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts