Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed the 30mm H&R Wheel spacers... PERFECT!!! they look just right, and the handling.. wow! i love it... i ordered the cleartastic rear fender guards and rear-mud flaps... be puttin those on soon!

thanx all for your input on the Spacers!

30mm was the way to go! other stangs do look funny to me now :lol:!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well its been almost 3 weeks since the install and like them very much... one concern tho.. is it just me or is it a little harder to peel out with the spacers? it doesnt burn rubber the way it used to..

hmmmmm? any comments?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
It shouldn't make any difference in straight line traction. Plecebo???

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I've had mine on for a week now, and I left a nice long black stripe in front of the in-laws house.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Where do you get the H&R spacers?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I see alot of people installing these loving them, and then there are the people who saw beaware of this and beaware of that(stress on the bearing etc). But I still haven't seen anyone who actually has them complain or give a horrid story. I am still debating, and am thinking of going with H&R 25mm with nitto 275/40's in the back. What do you guys think? let me know

·
Registered
65 Posts
what type of rubber do you have upfront?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hey uh....umm.....well, nevermind....I won't even "touch" that last post!

ROFLMAO!

·
Registered
714 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-12 08:56, Bullitt03545 wrote:
what type of rubber do you have upfront?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Just the stock Goodyear rubber up front.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ROFLMAO Dona!!!!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TROJAN.... THE ONLY WAY TO GO!

lol!

in all seriousness tho, i ordered my spacers from www.optauto.com (the 30mm H&R Mustang Spacers)

u can get wider tires, but obviously that'll cost you more..

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is the concensus among the group -hub centric or lug centric? Aim Industries sells the lug centric for $78 per pair and Maximum Motor Sports sells the hub centrics for $169 per pair. I'd like to save the $91. Would I be compromising performance or safety with the lug centric spacers?

·
Registered
216 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-13 15:43, jsg660 wrote:
What is the concensus among the group -hub centric or lug centric? Aim Industries sells the lug centric for $78 per pair and Maximum Motor Sports sells the hub centrics for $169 per pair. I'd like to save the $91. Would I be compromising performance or safety with the lug centric spacers?

jsg660,

I bought the lug-centric spacers and installed them about 2 months ago. No issues or problems with these. There was excellent thread on this where the before and after pictures were taken, along with verifying the quality by testing these spacers on the track as well as removing these after the track test for inspection. I bought these right after seeing this thread.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
On 2002-03-13 15:43, jsg660 wrote:

I bought the ones from Aim Industries and love them. They look great and have given me no problems. I have even had the wheels off a couple of times to verify that they are still tight. The only problem with them is that they custom make every spacer so it takes about two weeks for you to get them. Oh yeah, their customer service sucks, but the product is great: $94 shipped.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
No problem, they come highly recommended.

Funny how it works, I asked all the same questions to Barnaby and he finally convinced me, and now you ask me and so on. I wonder who will be asking you next?

Good luck, it is a great mod.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know anything about spacers. Do they just make your wheels stick out further from the hub? If so do you use the same size wheel and tire combo?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Yes and Yes

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've had my AIM spacers on for several months and several thousand miles. A few highway road trips and lots of trips down the race track. I've also had my wheels off a few times and re-checked the torque on the spacers. They've always been tight and snug. You just have to get them installed correctly, and that's certainly not brain surgery.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts