Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO EVERYONE,

I have the 1 inch spacers on the rear and am now thinking about having the stock wheels widened to 10 inches. From previous threads I understand when our wheels are widened the extra width goes toward the inside of the car. Am I missing something big here or has anyone done this kind of mod B4 ??? I will check on Tirerack for tires to fit the widened wheels. If you can't get tires to fit, there would be no point in doing it. Thanks for your input.:smile: :smile: :smile: :dhg08:

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
spea66 said:
HELLO EVERYONE,

I have the 1 inch spacers on the rear and am now thinking about having the stock wheels widened to 10 inches. From previous threads I understand when our wheels are widened the extra width goes toward the inside of the car. Am I missing something big here or has anyone done this kind of mod B4 ??? I will check on Tirerack for tires to fit the widened wheels. If you can't get tires to fit, there would be no point in doing it. Thanks for your input.:smile: :smile: :smile: :dhg08:
Here are the guys to widen the wheels.

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/

You can use 285-40-18 tires for the rear. Good fit and very close to trhe same diameter as the stock tires.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
spea66 said:
HELLO EVERYONE,

what spacers are you using?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using 1" H &R Trak+ wheel spacers. I have used this type of spacer B4 on another car. I was impressed with the quality. Plus installation is a no brainer.
I am still thinking about widening the rears to 11". I guess I will wait till spring.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Dave and Julie said:
With a 1 inch spacer, widening the rims one inch would be like returning the inner portion of the rim back to the stock position. I'd like to run a one inch spacer myself.
this is the route i'm going unless someone produces a replica wheel ASAP that is wider with the correct offset/backspacing.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
LoL. We have plenty of stuff on our cars that was made in China and other places overseas...

Its the world economy. You may not like it, but if your gonna get rid of all the foreign parts, you might as well build the car yourself!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: patriot1136

·
Registered
495 Posts
jymontoya said:
LoL. We have plenty of stuff on our cars that was made in China and other places overseas...

Its the world economy. You may not like it, but if your gonna get rid of all the foreign parts, you might as well build the car yourself!!!!!!!!!!
But the foreign parts on my car were validated by Ford and/or its suppliers to perform to their specifications. The Chinese and Korean wheels that flood the market are not.

The V8 Mustang is a pretty American car parts content wise. Especially if you include Mexico in that definition.

·
Registered
15 Posts
RIGHT ON Dave and Julie!!!!!!! No More Chinese Stuff if it can be helped.
The Trouble is it seems only the chinese are making deep lip rims for
some reason. I hope an American Company will read this and do something about it.

·
Car Whisperer
21,574 Posts
contact PICO wheels in Cali to do widening. better prices and better work.

Reactions: patriot1136
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.