1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st we were even
2nd I started pulling away but hit the fuel
cutoff, he started gaining.
Hit 3rd and pulled away a car length then 2, looked at the guages to go to 4th I was going 85 and he just couldn't keep up. I thought those things had over 300 hp?
Oh well, didn't matter to a Bullitt.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 6200. Maybe more , definatley no less.
I had 1/4 tank of fuel and no passengers, he had none either. Next time I'm planning to shift before the redline :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitmon on 2001-09-27 21:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
452 Posts
I ran a never Corvette Today. Only went through 2nd gear but I had him by a good car length the whole way. IT was a late 90's vet. I am not sure if the Guy new how to drive or not thought. But a Kill is a Kill

Doug

·
Registered
152 Posts
good kill, but the car you raced may not have had 300 horses. they make three models, one has like 170+-, another has like 220+- and the mother of all 300gt's the VR-4 with 300, all wheel drive. did you notice a little badge on the back that said VR-4, how big were the wheels? did it look like it could have been the top of the line?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It really is a sweet car isn't it.
This is the BEST muscle car I've owned.
This forum that allows us to share ideas and experiences also helps to make this the wonderful ownership experience that it is.
Thanks to all.

Jim

·
Registered
140 Posts
If he was running a late 90's Vette depending on it being a C4 (300hp-340hp)or a C5(350hp) doubt if it was the 375hp ZO6 he did alright. 1988-1991 was 240-245hp except for the ZR-1 (375-405hp). Good job!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looked like a pretty hot car, don't know what model though. If I had to guess I would say that it was the 300 horse kid, I don't see how else he could have kept up. Fortunatley I didn't get any look at the back :lol:

DHG #3729

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitmon on 2001-09-28 12:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Even with the 300 hp they always had trouble breaking 6 seconds 0-60. They have a major weight problem. Your kill confirms this. Good job.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yeah, the 3000GTs and the Stealths (they're 2 different cars, one a Mitsu, the other a Dodge) weighed about 3800 lbs. It's because of all that all wheel drive all wheel steering blah blah blah they had on them. Even with all that, they still got rocked by their direct competitor, the RX-7 which weighed about 2800 lbs. That car was a definite screamer. I'm still fond of them, partially cause the first car I bought was an 82 RX-7, 100hp, 105tq, one of the most fun cars i've ever driven--yes, including my bullitt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts